***Official Real Estate Thread***

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Apparently the irony of that article being posted to a website dedicated to programming, crypto, and ai is lost on some people.
Boomers... :crazy2:
as a gen-x software architect i would propose that the irony is exceeded only by the relevance

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I remember when I was a teenager, I had numerous friend's parents living on the hill in Cardiff in full on crack dens, literally smoking crack. Those crack dens are now all 3.5M, without a single crackhead in sight. It's kind of sad how much times have changed.
cardiff crack is the chit!!!

;)

• Haha
Reactions: JDJ

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Oh, not at all actually. I wouldn't even know where to begin. It was basically incoherent and I'm not convinced that it isn't some sort of meta parody.
Incoherent?

It was pretty good writing.

I think he's working off Nietzsche, who you should read.

His piece about corporate cubicle slave was pretty good too.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The Fed is going to back-stop the real-estate losses of the rich and let a large, painful inflation continue. They also can't have the stock market crashing when America's biggest voting demographic relies on it in their retirement. They'll re-define CPI further and continue to gaslight us and there's not a lot we can do about it. There's no way inflation is only 8.6% as it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: kawika

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I dunno, man. Zillow says my little shitbox house is worth 1.9 and every sale in my neighborhood this year has been for over 2.

At current exchange rates of USD to GBP (pound sterling), you're short a little if sell your place.

So advise asking the 'rents for your inheritance now and sell off the biggest kid so you can snag this place. :p

Likely decent fishing (there is some aquaculture going in in the channel) and possible surf spot included.

Story

1656025058314.png

Island location compared in relation to Scotland and Norway:

1656025127791.png

• Love
Reactions: kawika and b.r.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The Fed is going to back-stop the real-estate losses of the rich and let a large, painful inflation continue. They also can't have the stock market crashing when America's biggest voting demographic relies on it in their retirement. They'll re-define CPI further and continue to gaslight us and there's not a lot we can do about it. There's no way inflation is only 8.6% as it is.
Dude. It's Putin's fault.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Is there a market/demand for historical homes? I'm on the preservation commission for my city and a request came up to remove a home from the "potential historic resources' list. It is a really cool 30's bungalow with arroyo rock walls (think Lummis House). Problem (for lovers of historic architecture) is it's built on two R-2 lots. The owner could triple his money by demolishing.
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 3.20.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-06 at 3.21.00 PM.png
Yours truly, fighting the losing battle...

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You're pretty much the opposite of a bugman.

They would use your resume as fap fodder - you'd probably be like a Marvel or DC character to them.

Unless you can find yourself in this lineup:
The test is simple - if the term "bugman" bothers you, it describes you. Wordcels are overrepresented among bugmen, to wit, garrulous males who are incompetent in the masculine arts.

Edit: also, the guy circled in red is Sam Hyde aka MDE aka the Ghost of Kyiv. Not a bugman.
1657169082223.png

Last edited: