***Official Real Estate Thread***

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Paint it black!

Check out the photos.

Damn that's dark af. That had to kill the resale value on that home. Right? For sure it immediately removes a ton of potential buyers.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Damn that's dark af. That had to kill the resale value on that home. Right? For sure it immediately removes a ton of potential buyers.
There are more than a few black, slate, dark grey, etc, homes in SF.

Maybe more now than when this place on California was still there:

1640888698108.png

1640888725754.png

Puff piece about homes/residences painted black here.

• Haha
Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
There are more than a few black, slate, dark grey, etc, homes in SF.

Maybe more now than when this place on California was still there:

View attachment 121531

View attachment 121532

Puff piece about homes/residences painted black here.
I just :roflmao: at the thought of how much the neighbors must hate the owner. I don't know why that makes me laugh because I'd probably not be happy if I lived next door and had to look at it every day.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Ok, that's it.... I've found the ***OFFICIAL erBB RETIREMENT COMMUNITY SITE***

@PPK96754

Can you negotiate for us?

We only need 10 erBBer's to put up $4 million a piece and we're golden!

OFFICIAL erBB RETIREMENT COMMUNITY SITE

:dancing: let's do this! :dancing:
The previous owners for said property were rather strange for the community. Husband always wore John Deere overalls. Wife was thin yet always pleasant. Many years back the husband built a semi retaining (not cement, more debris, rocks, etc) wall across the "bottom land" to divert the Hanalei River, when it flooded occasionally away from his property. What he did, and didn't know was that it took the "natural flow" of the river and bunched up, there by pushing it back into the river and with more force and flow, as to where the "natural flow" dispersed over the property's "bottom land" where you really can't build any structures. The debris wall pushed the river to the other side of the land, flooded out the old boat storage area, took out the Hanalei Canoe Club & the other canoe club close to Black Pot and destroyed thousands of dollars in 6 man and one man canoes. The flood also took out the bathrooms and shower station on the beach near the Hanalei PIer. Old timers were pissed with what he did, but in the end, his property to do what he wants to. Again, folks move in and not knoweth what they do. Husband later passed and wife couldn't do all the work and sold.

The big storm of 2018 proved that when the river over flowed and the Buffalo on the property were taken down stream ending up on the reef, on the beach at Hanalei, up by the post office and First Hawaiian Bank in Princeville and beyond.

Sure the home looks nice, but you're buying most of the property that is prone to flooding, mosquitos a plenty and mushy bottom land.

Would Not bang!

@SurfFuerteventura ~ One, does not buy a product because of pretty pictures ~ :shameonyou:

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Last edited:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Old timers were pissed with what he did, but in the end, his property to do what he wants to.
No, that's an easy lawsuit against him in most common law jurisdictions. I'm guessing the old timers not filing was more cultural than legal.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Your neighborhood is blowing up. I remember a couple years ago thinking maybe we could buy a historic bingalow fixer for $400-500k. I guess developers had the same. Hard to find a home under 900k and the fixers never even hit the market.
I didn’t know there were modestly sized houses out there
But, holy sh*t, 900k is a lot for something that size

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Your neighborhood is blowing up. I remember a couple years ago thinking maybe we could buy a historic bingalow fixer for $400-500k. I guess developers had the same. Hard to find a home under 900k and the fixers never even hit the market.
I saw the first fixer go for over $1M recently. o_O

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
The previous owners for said property were rather strange for the community. Husband always wore John Deere overalls. Wife was thin yet always pleasant. Many years back the husband built a semi retaining (not cement, more debris, rocks, etc) wall across the "bottom land" to divert the Hanalei River, when it flooded occasionally away from his property. What he did, and didn't know was that it took the "natural flow" of the river and bunched up, there by pushing it back into the river and with more force and flow, as to where the "natural flow" dispersed over the property's "bottom land" where you really can't build any structures. The debris wall pushed the river to the other side of the land, flooded out the old boat storage area, took out the Hanalei Canoe Club & the other canoe club close to Black Pot and destroyed thousands of dollars in 6 man and one man canoes. The flood also took out the bathrooms and shower station on the beach near the Hanalei PIer. Old timers were pissed with what he did, but in the end, his property to do what he wants to. Again, folks move in and not knoweth what they do. Husband later passed and wife couldn't do all the work and sold.

The big storm of 2018 proved that when the river over flowed and the Buffalo on the property were taken down stream ending up on the reef, on the beach at Hanalei, up by the post office and First Hawaiian Bank in Princeville and beyond.

Sure the home looks nice, but you're buying most of the property that is prone to flooding, mosquitos a plenty and mushy bottom land.

Would Not bang!

@SurfFuerteventura ~ One, does not buy a product because of pretty pictures ~ :shameonyou:
100% agreed.

That's why we have erBB scouts everywhere, local knowledge trumps pretty pics every time.

So, the property is 100% no go, or could the new owner correct the misgiven ideas of the prior.

Surely some land movement, overseen by people who have knowledge of the local ecosystem, can not only fix, but improve the water flow, and thus the mozzies too,... No?

Guess that adds another 10 million to the price tag tho.

:unsure:

Note to self, leave the John Deere coveralls behind when moving to Hawaii.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::shrug::crazy2: