***Official Real Estate Thread***

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
What was crazy to me was learning about the commuter tax. Had family in metuchon. Learned if you commute into NYC you gotta pay on that too.

And apparently there is an exit tax in New Jersey if you sell your house and move out of state.
metuchen used to be pretty nice (“the brainy borough”).... too crowded now... had a bunch of friends from there - st.joe’s highschool.:roflmao:

commuting to work in nyc - a lot of people do it...:crazy2:

nj-nyers enjoy getting ripped on taxes. we don’t get what we pay for.

interesting see which states impose inheritance or estate taxes (or both...).

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I tend to be pretty quiet about the fact that I could easily be a Jersey Boy if my grandfather hadn't joined the military.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Like 700k. Huge McMansion in somerset county.
$700 K doesn’t hardly get you anything at the jersey shore (monmouth/ocean county...

& taxes are even higher in hunterdon county compared to somerset...

this joint could be split into 3 or 4 pretty cool apartments... you can watch the whales from the upstairs bedrooms...

done by a significant architect. slight problem is that it’s on the buttfukk ugliest block in town. it’s a really nice town otherwise...

taxes aren’t really that high here tho...
check the tab on zillow...

Last edited:
Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
$700 K doesn’t hardly get you anything at the jersey shore (monmouth/ocean county...

& taxes are even higher in hunterdon county compared to somerset...

this joint could be split into 3 or 4 pretty cool apartments... you can watch the whales from the upstairs bedrooms...

done by a significant architect. slight problem is that it’s on the buttfukk ugliest block in town. it’s a really nice town otherwise...

taxes aren’t really that high here tho...
check the tab on zillow...
What is that area like in the winter time

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
What is that area like in the winter time
cold.

maybe 25% of the homes are summer residences - maybe a bit more... rest of town is pretty much year-round. two shop-rites about 3 miles away, a foodtown in the next town south along with some decent joints to eat. no crime, most the northern nj scumbag types run out of gas money when they get to asbury or belmar, so there’s that too. towns north & south usually have some decent
sandbars...

state police gun range is added bonus!

donuts nj beachburg rating = A+ !

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Ok. So a while back I posted about a property on the market that is a foreclosure. I asked our agent to look into it and to arrange a visit/inspection. Well 10 days later I get the reply- we would have to buy it with the occupant in it. She also said the occupant has addiction issues. We would have to do the eviction. No visit possible, only drive by.

So, if I buy it do the "stand your ground " laws apply? What would be resonable force to remove said occupant? :trout:

AH, fukkit. I'm not going to buy something I cannot inspect. :cursing:

Reactions: PRCD

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Ok. So a while back I posted about a property on the market that is a foreclosure. I asked our agent to look into it and to arrange a visit/inspection. Well 10 days later I get the reply- we would have to buy it with the occupant in it. She also said the occupant has addiction issues. We would have to do the eviction. No visit possible, only drive by.

So, if I buy it do the "stand your ground " laws apply? What would be resonable force to remove said occupant? :trout:

AH, fukkit. I'm not going to buy something I cannot inspect. :cursing:

Hard to "stand your ground" when you someone is inside a house.

Then again, if you are in the "Stand your ground" states, it's legal to stalk someone, pick a fight with them, then kill them if you are losing said fight. So....maybe

• Haha
Reactions: rice and One-Off

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Hard to "stand your ground" when you someone is inside a house.

Then again, if you are in the "Stand your ground" states, it's legal to stalk someone, pick a fight with them, then kill them if you are losing said fight. So....maybe
Well then, next question- anybody have experience fighting drug addicts?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Cop friend let me know just how ridic the squatter rights are in CA over the weekend -

simply mail yourself a letter to the address you plan on squatting and get your hands on said letter after the post office drops it in the mailbox.

cops show up? show them your letter. it’s now a matter for the courts and the cops cannot legally remove you without a court order.

lock your mailboxes and fug being a landlord in CA.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Speaking of property, rode my bicycle to Pacifica to visit Friend #2 and found out they just bought some acres in the Santa Cruz hills for $500K. (sold the investment house in SLC their eldest son lived in and took HELOC on their place in Pacifica to buy.)

There is a well, 7 cisterns, septic, "treefort" cottage, solar set up, and suspiciously arranged grids of pipes and low flow water emitters in somewhat nicely terraced spaces with circular raised beds. I can see myself visiting and camping on one of those terraces.

Offhand, how often do people go wandering through the hills around late summer looking for strongly scented weeds?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Speaking of property, rode my bicycle to Pacifica to visit Friend #2 and found out they just bought some acres in the Santa Cruz hills for $500K. (sold the investment house in SLC their eldest son lived in and took HELOC on their place in Pacifica to buy.)

There is a well, 7 cisterns, septic, "treefort" cottage, solar set up, and suspiciously arranged grids of pipes and low flow water emitters in somewhat nicely terraced spaces with circular raised beds. I can see myself visiting and camping on one of those terraces.

Offhand, how often do people go wandering through the hills around late summer looking for strongly scented weeds?
I did a couple remodels and built one house in humboldt. Probably like 15 years ago. The house we built was way the f out there and basically everyone had their own 40 acres and were growing pot. It was not uncommon to see people drive by on quads or motos packing rifles or even ak47's. The first thing the owner told us when we showed up to start working was don't go exploring unless you want to get shot. We pretty much stayed on the property for over two months. I think we went to town once. The property itself was pretty rad. They had a big pond to swim in and we had our own RV on a lower terrace away from the main cabin but we basically just worked like 10-12 hrs days 7 days a week until the place was ready for sheetrock. Me and my older brother were about ready to kill eachother by the end there.

I don't really remember what my point was. Oh yeah, basically just be careful letting your nose lead you around out there during harvest time Doof!

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
These days why bother? Just grow your own strongly scented weeds in your backyard (if you live in a state where it's legal like most of us probably do). It's a fun little hobby.