Feb 25, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: grapedrink

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I know it seems obvious but a good reminder.

When JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs..

pimping crypto = generating demand to sell into
shitting on crypto = drive down price so they can accumulate more

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I know it seems obvious but a good reminder.

When JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs..

pimping crypto = generating demand to sell into
shitting on crypto = drive down price so they can accumulate more
They did that with MBS and bond ratings. Look how well that turned out for everyone

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Huh?
were you not around for 2007/8?
Ah yes. That event. I thought you were referring to something more recent. That feels like a lifetime ago, even though I remember it like it was yesterday. I will forever kick myself for not having the money at that time to scoop up multiple homes, when they lost more than half their value.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Ah yes. That event. I thought you were referring to something more recent. That feels like a lifetime ago, even though I remember it like it was yesterday. I will forever kick myself for not having the money at that time to scoop up multiple homes, when they lost more than half their value.
I remember being a young new officer stationed in San Diego and looking at cottages walking distance to ocean beach going for 450k.

I decided I wasn’t sure I’d want to deal with a rental and was only going to be there for 2 years so passed.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Trying to buy in interior south jersey, suburbs of philly. There's only a few walkable towns that are not strip mall, divided highway hell and there's pretty much zero inventory. It's fucking depressing

Reactions: bluemarlin04

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Trying to buy in interior south jersey, suburbs of philly. There's only a few walkable towns that are not strip mall, divided highway hell and there's pretty much zero inventory. It's fucking depressing
which towns down there are walkable, uncreepy...?

strip mall/divided highway is a pretty good description of the small bits i’m somewhat familiar with...

:shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
NJ suburbs is crazy expensive and property taxes are insane there.

Know someone paying 24k a year in prop tax
you get fvcked pretty much everywhere in the state, but in many towns you REALLY get fvcked...

.:dancing:

nassau, suffolk & westchester counties in ny all make you eat an extra-large bowl of sh!t too...

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
you get fvcked pretty much everywhere in the state, but in many towns you REALLY get fvcked...

.:dancing:

nassau, suffolk & westchester counties in ny all make you eat an extra-large bowl of sh!t too...
What was crazy to me was learning about the commuter tax. Had family in metuchon. Learned if you commute into NYC you gotta pay on that too.

And apparently there is an exit tax in New Jersey if you sell your house and move out of state.