Official **Predict** The New Kool-Aid Design

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just figure out what the next step is after people realize how bad they surf on a twin fin.

Or when they actually have to surf real waves and have to figure out how to ride a thruster again.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
If oversized (mid length) modern twins are out, long fish are currently in again, I’m gonna go on a limb and say a thruster with the POD outline is up next.
This but make it quad.
User-friendly outline quads are due for comeback once people get jaded with twins. Thruster never went away

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
so channel bottom round pin twins are out. looks like guys are riding their midlengths shorter now in the low to mid 6 range for more performance.

This is the next thing. Oversized tomo knockoffs

http://instagr.am/p/CfAadUFvDol/

edit: no offense or connection to the erbb member kool-aid
So the 'intermediate' firewire crew were onto something with their 6'4 evos!

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
The good thing for surfboard manufacturing is surfers are dumb and eat up most any bs marketing. How many different flavors of the "week" have cycled through this bb? Forever chasing the illusive perfect board, their primitive brain overriding common sense. The one constant is their ability(or lack there of), not hunk of foam they're standing on, is by far the biggest factor

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
The good thing for surfboard manufacturing is surfers are dumb and eat up most any bs marketing. How many different flavors of the "week" have cycled through this bb? Forever chasing the illusive perfect board, their primitive brain overriding common sense. The one constant is their ability(or lack there of), not hunk of foam they're standing on, is by far the biggest factor
why u gotta call me out like that bra??

hopefully the next surfboar fad will be: "go talk to your local shaper and be honest about your abilities and the waves you surf"

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
As a first time trend hopper on this twin thing, I gotta say it's kind of fun to get a different flavor that's easily resellable.

I hope that the fishy thruster thing is the next trend. Been thinking about a modern update of the swallow tail thrusters that some shapers were calling "fish" like 20 years ago.

Reactions: sdsrfr and oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
As a first time trend hopper on this twin thing, I gotta say it's kind of fun to get a different flavor that's easily resellable.

I hope that the fishy thruster thing is the next trend. Been thinking about a modern update of the swallow tail thrusters that some shapers were calling "fish" like 20 years ago.
I’ve got a Tyler Warren thruster fish that is pretty damn fun

Reactions: bird.LA

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
It’s like everything has literally been done already lol.

Wooden boards the ancient Hawaiians used?
Check.

Funboards?
Check.

80s thrusters have been due for a comeback forever IMO