*** Official Outerknown Tahiti Pro Contest Thread ***

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Bummer about Vahine's heat. They shoulda waited

Bummer that Slater rolled over for the Locdawg. Even though I think Kelly might have lost two heats on the way to the semis...

Bummer for Hedgey. THe old boy almost got there.

The Saffa kid will never get a better one than the 10 he got for falling out of the sky.

Psyched for Miguel. He's always been a nice dude. Even watched him call Medina off one so that a friend could snag a wave before a comp. I really want to see a side by side of him pre/post dental work though.

Final thought: the Olympics are going to be weird. The times are clearly going to be missing some of their best hopes on account of qualifying through waves that are in no way reflective of the contest venue.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I just hope the Olympics doesn't change the area too much (it will).

Unfortunately plenty of examples of this happening.........Whistler was such a cool little village before the olympics.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
honk and pablo cruise my friend. that's the surf soundtrack. and then taylor steele ruined it
with crappy punk rock.
Pablo Cruise & The Charley Daniels Band at Kirkwood in the late 70's
Honk and Bud Shank's sound tracks for surf films

Honks drummer, Trish Imboden also played for years with Chicago and Kenny Loggins, is a Friend AND a pretty good surfer who has lived in the Malibu Colony for years until recently moving South after getting married. Good, positive guy with an infectious smile and always welcomed in Hanalei, when he has the time off. He tried to make Kauai's north shore his home but for work purposes, it just didn't work out for him.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

Honks drummer, Trish Imboden also played for years with Chicago and Kenny Loggins, is a Friend AND a pretty good surfer who has lived in the Malibu Colony for years until recently moving South after getting married. Good, positive guy with an infectious smile and always welcomed in Hanalei, when he has the time off. He tried to make Kauai's north shore his home but for work purposes, it just didn't work out for him.
Honk if you love pedal steel!

Mayor1

Michael Peterson status
Aug 15, 2005

actually PPK, Tris lived in Paradise Cove mobile home community.

• Love
Reactions: PPK96754

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
I used to love watching punk rockers faces when they asked what i was listening to on my walkman. is it social d? bad religion? "no, pablo cruise." ha ha ha, they thought i was a freak. and i was happy.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
What I don't understand from the videos. Does big 'Chopes have less current than 4 foot Huntington?. WaterIII, can you comment?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Hardly! Those places sell for 1 million minimum and up to 6 million. And you don't even own the land! Nonetheless, its a solid investment and in high demand
Does Jimmy G still live there? Is that where Laird lives? See him out there all the time.

Mayor1

Michael Peterson status
Aug 15, 2005
Does Jimmy G still live there? Is that where Laird lives? See him out there all the time.
yeah Jimmy is still there. Laird lives up Latigo canyon but gets access thru friends on Paradise cove bluffs

Reactions: 2surf