*** Official Outerknown Tahiti Pro Contest Thread ***

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Diversity of tastes is good. But at least Portugal, France, Brazil, Lowers, and HB I'm not sure if it'll be an alley oop or air reverse. Tahiti, they'll take off, get tubed, do a cutback, kick out.

:sleep:
they should be deducting points for air reverses. Same w double pump bottom turns and claims.

France would be a great place to decide titles.
fck Lowets… actually - fck pro surging

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
cant remember which colapinto was killing it in the semis or quarters but it was low tide suck ups in the last contest which was probably pre covid. the surf media world totally unappreciated how heavy it was! dont recall who he was against but they were both getting low tide dredgers one after another!

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Huntington Pier is sick to watch pros try to bust maneuvers when it's onshore overhead and throwing chunks. Definitely pay to play figuratively speaking. I wouldn't want to surf there like that, much, but Teahupoo, that not even a decision with making, as long as you're not in the way when the wave makes that decision for you.
I like to watch both mainly because they force the surfers to operate in the sketchy zone, for a living so to speak.

Reactions: PLJ

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Hobgood's Restaurants floater was my all time favorite contest maneuver. One day was too big for Cloudbreak. I failed to find a video.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Hobgood's Restaurants floater was my all time favorite contest maneuver. One day was too big for Cloudbreak. I failed to find a video.
I swear the monster paddle-in day at Tavarua when they cut to the boat in the channel for official wuss out announcement, I swear mid-sentence Damien Hobgood got blown out of a boomer runner right over the guy's shoulder.

"It's just not contestable, there aren't scores or whatever bullshit we're on about because pro surfers don't own 8-9 foot boards...."

(Surreal beast folding over what look like an RC surfer completely slotted)

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
I thought about that floater last week for some reason, remembering the commentary was "who would do a floater on that" or something similar.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Also the non-elimination R4 (I think) Tavarua heat with CJ Hobbest, Smelly Later, and Adriano DeSouza. I think that heat prompted priority rules for non-elimination heats because DeSouza got like two 7s and then paddled way up the reef for priority and just basically made it so Kelly/CJ would get an interference from the takeoff spot, and CJ ruined his life and times into the cheese grater because f--k it I flew to Fiji to thread runner gems. Or not but CJ served rotisserie AdS, nicely seasoned, and it was on-par with as funny as the time he was sitting underneath CJ with priority to block and CJ just tried to run him over on purpose and he instinctively moved out of the way.

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
psyched it's on and there is a chance for waves.

Plently of small kine for the ladies early in the period by the sounds of it.