*** Official Outerknown Tahiti Pro Contest Thread ***

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Can they run the mens in two days during the peak of the swell ? Or they shooting for solid days for opening rounds and a final with fading swell where you can win doing a air revo on the end section. My Commentator predictions are the womens event is going to be historic , somebody will get chicken skin about something not exciting at all ,and lots of olympics hype to try and boost the wsl brand

• Sad
Reactions: MathDebater

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Can they run the mens in two days during the peak of the swell ? Or they shooting for solid days for opening rounds and a final with fading swell where you can win doing a air revo on the end section. My Commentator predictions are the womens event is going to be historic , somebody will get chicken skin about something not exciting at all ,and lots of olympics hype to try and boost the wsl brand
Because it is the back half of the revamped tour (post cut), there are fewer competitors in the draw: 24 men and 12 women (trials all pau). They both still have elimination rounds, so total heats are: 31 for men and 16 for women. Assuming 30 minute heats, eight hour days, no breaks, could do it all in three days.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Looks like dogshit on the cam. I'm not sure if it's tide or what, maybe building swell problems, but Teahupoo with 2.3 @ 13 is getting hilariously owned by Jax Pier with 2.3 @ 6.

IMHO they should wait until there's at least enough scores coming in for everyone to get two waves.

Reactions: tcureton and sponge

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I feel like they have to run some of the womens heats in the next few days?

I doubt the WSL wants them to run in the peak of the swell - In that case the local wildcard would probably take the comp (vahine fierro)