***Official No Salsa board review and evidence of shred thread***

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Just because the fatty leans over doesn't make it a rail carve.

Edit:
I am super angry right now! @GromsDad : In your feeble mind, who is the better surfer, No Salsa ( lean mean shred machine) or The Midget?

Whatever he says will settle the dispute.
In my humble opinion Salsa is a better surfer. I put very little stock in Salsa's reviews in the real world because his reviews are for the most part done at Trestles. If Trestles was the only place I surfed my quiver and the quiver of everyone in my household would be completely different. There are no waves even remotely like that within hundreds of miles of here. We have top to bottom beach break barrels and crumbly mush in these parts and not much in between. Has Salsa ever done a review in beach break barrels or waves where generating speed on gutless waves is critical?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Trestles also gives him a very consistent wave to judge boards. Unless you’re surfing pipeline, the box or something, lowers is a great testing grounds….if you can’t get a wave

Reactions: ReForest and Havoc

ckupczynski1

OTF status
Oct 14, 2009
If he did a review at a beach break he would maybe get a snap and float or a little cutty and the wave would be over. Just look at surfboard guides edit. Kinda bland. At lowers you really have an open canvas to show a boards true potential and how it looks on him. I’m not sure if his followers net him enough bucks to dump into travel but with time I’m sure it will happen that he’ll go and test boards in Central America or Indo. And then another thread will start with him exposing spots to the kooks.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I’m not sure if his followers net him enough bucks to dump into travel but with time I’m sure it will happen that he’ll go and test boards in Central America or Indo. And then another thread will start with him exposing spots to the kooks.
remember him saying before going to Waco that he hadn’t been on a surf trip in over 20 years :monkey:
he’s a long time lowers regular and gets a bunch of waves out there, doubt he wants to do reviews anywhere else

Reactions: urchined and JDJ

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Never surfed Lowers, but I agree it's a good place for board reviews since the wave has consistent shape. It might make some boards look bad if it doesn't fit the wave's curve/power or lack of thereof. On that note, Salsa doesn't try out reefbreak boards, but it would be cool if he did :)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I didn't click with the Puddle Fish
Hydra is definitely better so far (for me)
C4 PJHP popped up used in acceptable dims. Definitely a big fan so far.
I have the squash Cabron Warp Baby Buggy and Salad reviewed the roundtail. Also a big fan of this one.

• Love
Reactions: Aruka

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Noel has done some reviews at Oceanside in response to comments like this.
Trestles also gives him a very consistent wave to judge boards. Unless you’re surfing pipeline, the box or something, lowers is a great testing grounds….if you can’t get a wave
In my humble opinion testing boards at Trestles mostly just shows what works at Trestles. If the breaks from Uppers to Church were my home breaks I'd be riding much less volume simply because of how much less paddling I'd be doing and how much more power the wave has. Even at waist high Lowers has so much more push than most waves at the same size. In that area Oceanside, San Clemente Pier or even Salt Creek would provide reviews that would be more realistic to most of us in the rest of the world especially us East Coasters. Huntington Pier might be the most relatable to someone like me on the East Coast in terms of what you and your board need to do to surf well. Generating your own speed and connecting sections to link a ride together. Would also love to see him do some reviews in thumping beach break barrels comparable to the Outer Banks.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
remember him saying before going to Waco that he hadn’t been on a surf trip in over 20 years :monkey:
he’s a long time lowers regular and gets a bunch of waves out there, doubt he wants to do reviews anywhere else
That is a very sad statement coming from a person that earns their living from surfing. How has he not parlayed his You-Tube "fame" into a couple of trips a year? Very sad to surf nothing but Trestle day after day, year after year when there are so many epic spots to surf all over the world.

Reactions: ReForest

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
That is a very sad statement coming from a person that earns their living from surfing. How has he not parlayed his You-Tube "fame" into a couple of trips a year? Very sad to surf nothing but Trestle day after day, year after year when there are so many epic spots to surf all over the world.
Interesting. I do a couple of trips a year but I live in a place with crowded shitty waves.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
So many better less crowded waves than Trestle just a short plane ride away. Unless there is some reason he can't travel, the fact that this guy can't get on a plane to Mexico for a few days to get waves that blow Trestle away just seems odd. I'm a kook halfman and I get on a plane at least once a year and my regular is a better wave than Trestle.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The guy seems to live in a newer home in coastal SoCal, drives a newer Toyota truck/suv, and he's a surfboard review youtuber who is married? And he has all that and a filmer to pay for? WQS pro in the 90s?

I'm not surprised he hasn't been on a surf trip in 20 years in the slightest.

Reactions: Aruka