Official MSNBC is a joke thread.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
when the NYT gets caught lying...9 days later they print a "correction"
buried deep in the paper which - of course - few read...
Something the right almost never does, while arguing in court that no one should believe their stories.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Only the stupid take faux news seriously according to their own lawyers.
And when MSNBC was caught lying the head of the network announced that "We aren't a news network. We are an opinion provider." Excellent dodge.

I like how "Buh it's my opinion!" excuses lying now. For both sides. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion. No, you are not entitled to your own set of facts. Oh wait. That was like SO 80's of me. I'm a dinosaur. Everybody please go back to picking the set of "facts" that you find the most comforting. Money talks and the truth can walk!! Keeping America divided and angry is a money making strategy.

Forgive me, but I blame a LOT of what is going on in this country on the "news" media. There were always problems, it was never perfect, but what has happened post internet proliferation is mind blowing. I once worked an internship with a major metropolitan newspaper. My old boss has to be spinning in his grave. There are very few journalists out there anymore. The ones that are out there have little to no voice. Op/ed is everything. People now think Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow are journalists. Almost none of the talking heads have any kind of an education re actual journalism. The aforementioned two included. The rare ones that have an education have thrown away the books on basic ethics.

The journalism "industry" is making bank sewing fear, division and knowingly plying their chosen demographics with inflammatory lies/half-truths/omissions that bring them back for more. Go ahead and burn it down. I mean as long as those quarterly numbers are looking good, it's game on.

The basic ethics of Journalism (as taught in entry level classes) include "truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability." I don't believe that it is a coincidence that we are in this mess now after the above list of journalistic ethics have been wholesale abandoned in this country.

Rant over. Off to the heavy bag/weight pile.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
And when MSNBC was caught lying the head of the network announced that "We aren't a news network. We are an opinion provider." Excellent dodge.

I like how "Buh it's my opinion!" excuses lying now. For both sides. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion. No, you are not entitled to your own set of facts. Oh wait. That was like SO 80's of me. I'm a dinosaur. Everybody please go back to picking the set of "facts" that you find the most comforting. Money talks and the truth can walk!! Keeping America divided and angry is a money making strategy.

Forgive me, but I blame a LOT of what is going on in this country on the "news" media. There were always problems, it was never perfect, but what has happened post internet proliferation is mind blowing. I once worked an internship with a major metropolitan newspaper. My old boss has to be spinning in his grave. There are very few journalists out there anymore. The ones that are out there have little to no voice. Op/ed is everything. People now think Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow are journalists. Almost none of the talking heads have any kind of an education re actual journalism. The aforementioned two included. The rare ones that have an education have thrown away the books on basic ethics.

The journalism "industry" is making bank sewing fear, division and knowingly plying their chosen demographics with inflammatory lies/half-truths/omissions that bring them back for more. Go ahead and burn it down. I mean as long as those quarterly numbers are looking good, it's game on.

The basic ethics of Journalism (as taught in entry level classes) include "truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability." I don't believe that it is a coincidence that we are in this mess now after the above list of journalistic ethics have been wholesale abandoned in this country.

Rant over. Off to the heavy bag/weight pile.
The news media is giving the consumer what they want. To put Tucker and Maddow on the same level of dishonesty shows how bias you are.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
cable news is a shiny object for the stupid.

also don't forget that Gromsdad is just playing an internet character.
Not buying it, the best actor in the world could not keep up such Idiocy, arrogance, dishonesty and overall douchebaggery for so long.