*** OFFICIAL MOST STUPID QUOTES THREAD ***

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
As a surfer on the SB Channel for nearly 40 years now I've done my share of gazing at oil rigs, islands and coastlines N and S. I used to think this kind of view indicated the earth's surface curvature...

...then I started researching these kinds of observations due to comments made in the water regarding seeing things we should not see...because they should be below the horizon. Discovered really quick that we cannot detect surface curvature anywhere. All long distance observations are "as flat". Here's a photo study showing the magnitude of the problem...the horizon is essentially in the wrong place...

These photos are in the Potpourri section...go check them out in larger format if needed.

Many will claim this is due to mirage or refraction. Although these effects do occur...especially at the horizon...they do not explain why we see landscape we should not be able to see at all. Here's a really good video on the subject...even if you don't agree with my conclusion...maybe learn something new....

As stated in another thread, there's photos of landscape up to 300 miles in the distance where the objects seen should be nearly 50,000 ft below the horizon. I've yet to see long range views or images that depict the landscape as if we lived on sphere of nearly 4000 mile radius...it always appears "as flat'. I find this rather intriguing....where's the curvature? I'm still looking....

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."
-dtrump

Last edited:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Hey Jimmy....do you still work at the Bot Jardim?

Asking for a friend...

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Really? Is that a "I know where you work threat?"

Sure hope not.
I think he is sharing his flat earth humor with us and trying to be funny:drowning: I have seen him pass me going on 101 coming from over priced condo in front of expensive golf course pulling his flat earth boat and have very little to worry about unless he hires duffy to tap me out:shrug:

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
They figured this sh!t out over 100 years ago... and too many still buy it... sad...

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I think he is sharing his flat earth humor with us and trying to be funny:drowning: I have seen him pass me going on 101 coming from over priced condo in front of expensive golf course pulling his flat earth boat and have very little to worry about unless he hires duffy to tap me out:shrug:
Actually....I shared some of rotten Jimmy's posts with my wife....told her he works at the BG....maybe. She wants to take the dog for a walk there now..... It would be a fun interaction to watch.... Maybe let the dog chew on his ankle a bit....pis on his boots...

:roflmao:

BTW....that's not where I live.....I have one of those 1.3 million dollar tear downs built in 1926. Paid much less that that in '88.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Actually....I shared some of rotten Jimmy's posts with my wife....told her he works at the BG....maybe. She wants to take the dog for a walk there now..... It would be a fun interaction to watch.... Maybe let the dog chew on his ankle a bit....pis on his boots...

BTW....that's not where I live.....I have one of those 1.3 million dollar tear downs built in 1926. Paid much less that that in '88.
Really Butther you need your wife and dog to come after me:foreheadslap: I am surprised you did not mention a son. You seem like one of those typical SB life wait tell your 50 to have a kid:shrug: Regardless been gone from botanic garden 8 years but really easy to find not to many surfers in 805 have custom Stretch or even Malcom Campbell boards and I grew up in Goleta by University Village homes built in '70 pvc plumbling but do know Ellwood area is lead and cast iron piping '60 and beyond:shaka:

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Keep on keepin' on....:monkey:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
[/QUOTE]
Gawd, you're dumb.

faux
Faux
means fake, or imitation. ... Faux is a French word that has crept into our lexicon, because faux in French means "fake."

Two mavericks blazing new trails on the erbb no one has gone before :monkey:

Last edited: