*** Official Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Haleiwa Challenge Contest Thread ***

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
That's a wrap for this event! Congrats to JJF and BLSJ for the wins, and all the Challenger Series competitors making it to the Championship Tour next year. First stop on the 2022 WCT is the Billabong Pro Pipeline, Jan 29-Feb 10, 2022.

But before that, the waiting period for the regional qualifier the HIC Pipe Pro is Dec 8-20, 2021. This will be followed by the "digital" Vans Triple Crown of Surfing between Dec 21, 2021 and Jan 21, 2022. Pipe going be real crowded for the next couple months.

Reactions: teeroi and PPK96754

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
so stocked to see JJF looking like he's 100% again.

he's unmatched I reckon.
Surfed with Bob Hurley for about an hour yesterday. He’s one of the nicest guys I know.

I asked Bob if he was at Haleiwa for John’s win. Bob was hanging out by Pyzel and crew trying to not distract John, didn’t even let John know he was there. Bob kept his hat low and looked away if he saw John looking his way. Bob looked up and John looked right at and thru Bob didn’t even realize it was him. That’s how focused John was.

I told Bob John dropped 7’s in his first heat and was easily winning. I tripped out when John dropped 9’s when he didn’t have to. Was he sending a message? Bob just smiled and said John’s really healthy, strong and focused.

Message received. Haha.

Reactions: sponge and Boneroni