**Official** Margies Wozzle Contest **Official**

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
griff looked like parko on those big frontside turns while maintaining speed

Felipe's bottom turn isn't great but his frontside hacks were looking great too.

Reactions: Aruka and Boneroni

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I tried watching on FS2 and they kept breaking for commercials after about 5 mins of talking. Then they would play a replay of the wave that took the lead etc... It was such a buzz kill. Part of the excitement of watching sports is to see the build up before the epic play. I don't care if they are just sitting in the water pulling out their hair waiting for the perfect wave, that's part of the anticipation. Maybe if they got rid of the jet skis, the surfers would be battling to make it out to the break, which adds some excitement. Better than watching commercials of Carissa shaving her legs over and over again. Otherwise, just wait for the contest to finish and watch the replays without commercials.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I tried watching on FS2 and they kept breaking for commercials after about 5 mins of talking. Then they would play a replay of the wave that took the lead etc... It was such a buzz kill. Part of the excitement of watching sports is to see the build up before the epic play. I don't care if they are just sitting in the water pulling out their hair waiting for the perfect wave, that's part of the anticipation. Maybe if they got rid of the jet skis, the surfers would be battling to make it out to the break, which adds some excitement. Better than watching commercials of Carissa shaving her legs over and over again. Otherwise, just wait for the contest to finish and watch the replays without commercials.
This right here. I get the contests on TV, tried to throw this one on a few times, and it's awful. 5 minutes of Turdpail, set out the back, cut to commercial. Replay of the waves, 5 minutes of Turdpail, set out the back, cut to commercial.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I believe that changed as of late, but John always said his training consists of pretty much surfing his brains out. Not the best approach for the surfers at their level. Might not have anything todo with it, but then again... it just might.
His style of surfing is hard on the knees especially for someone like him who has a tall lanky build.

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
His style of surfing is hard on the knees especially for someone like him who has a tall lanky build.
True. Another reason he should put more focus on strength training. Look at Medina, he is also on the tall side and he's always landing stuff in the flats. I don't recall any serious injury. Dude trains a lot.

Reactions: Havoc

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
True. Another reason he should put more focus on strength training. Look at Medina, he is also on the tall side and he's always landing stuff in the flats. I don't recall any serious injury. Dude trains a lot.

I remember Dane saying something like "When I see that cross training makes you surf better, I'll consider it."

Then he blew out his knee.

It's a reality that to keep surfing, these dudes have to be on a program to protect themselves. I'm sure John is on one, but it's a real bummer to continually fight back from injury. That being said, he was living pretty well while he was rehabbing. Sailinlg to Tahiti, getting hitched, cruising through barrels at Backdoor. Maybe he just wnted to go home.

Reactions: Aruka and Boneroni