**** Official Margaret River Pro ****

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
mayor1 said:
Love that ran heats at the Box. Separates the wheat from the chaff. Who goes down? The extreme claimers and the aerialists. Their dads are having Portuguese sh!t fits. Wish they ran the whole contest there. I'm so sick of air reverses and surfing above the wave and spinning and landing and claiming and looking at the judges. We need more below sea level death pits. What italo did and Jack Robbo did yesterday? Way more impressive to me than Felipes Jbay aerial devoid of style thing a few years ago that everybody had kittens over. But maybe I'm old school. Bring back the Pancho Sullivan, Richard Cram, Margo, Dane Reynolds, Elko power surfing. And yes to me style matters.
Agreed. Pros blowing take-offs is epic to see. Highlights how out of this world Jack Robbo's performance was. He got the best waves of the day. Best heat score of the day, and I read somewhere that his 3rd and 4th best waves would have been the second highest heat score of the day too. As one of the commentators said, that was an Andy Irons-esque performance.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
just watched the WSL highlight video for the day at the Box.

i seriously doubt i could even make the drop on that wave.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Robo's not on tour because not all the waves on tour barrel.

Kelly claimed a 5 in his heat.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Some great videos here...

https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/thinking-outside-box/53115

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
silentbutdeadly said:
So what would be your solution? You just seem angry at the system.
solution to what? I see no value or importance to proclaiming the best surfer in the world, since I make no money from it.

Yeah, I am angry at the system just as much as I am angry at world figure skating judging.

No justice, no peace :censored:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Had three friendly fire heats in R3, then two friendly fire heats in R4 and already have one friendly fire heat in the Quarters. Friendly fires up my b-hole.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Nah I think konoa surfed pretty safe and ryan was more committed. Maybe the judges got enough flack for throwing excellent scores at him for floaters in Bali.

Really loving Kolohe's meth dealer sunglasses in his post heat interviews.

SharkBoy

Miki Dora status
Oct 22, 2004
was cool hearing parko in the booth.
feel bad for jordy because he was ripping, but so was Caio.
this is a fun comp.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Yeah, I thought Parko was great on the mic. Would be happy with more of him.

I didn't see everything, but here's my take aways:

- Gabby was on one of the gnarliest waves of the day, and he fckn butt-stalled to get deeper. Respect is due.
- Caio really knows how to ride the tube. He kinda killed my team, but did it by surfing really well
- Felipe is still probably my favorite surfer on tour, but man Get Jack R. on this tour STAT! He's amazing! :bowdown:
- Goofies are surely at a disadvantage at the box, but the regulars got plenty of carnage too, so I though it was great viewing.
- Kelly looks like he's riding a skateboard with really loose back trucks
- Main break is pretty boring after watching the box

Looks like they will be finishing later today.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
supposed to be on any minute now
ah sh!t, its the chicks division. false alarm

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I thought lakey was toast after that first shite wave but shes looking better.
She just looks so shaky legged compared to carissa