Carter
Ford
Nixon
Johnson
Kennedy
Eisenhower
Truman
FDR

Ever since WWII and the nuclear age began the President has been wiping his ass with the Constitution, and we can honestly go even further back to Lincoln or even Jackson to illustrate presidents giving the finger to the checks and balances of the Constitution.

Get a clue
can't discuss with stupid.
stupid being such it is fitting the gov you loath takes such joy in hearing it's subjects say, all of this is normal.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

LOL I hope this isn't the whistleblower that was an "operative" for a "2020 candidate" like Surfdog says....

that conspiracy theory really fell apart quickly!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
can't discuss with stupid.
stupid being such it is fitting the gov you loath takes such joy in hearing it's subjects say, all of this is normal.
Standard response when getting smacked down and proven wrong. Can't refute- go to ad hominem

Face it, besides being crass and dumb Trump is no worse than any of the other criminals that have been in office in the last 100 years

Ever think I loathe the government because of its continuing criminality? The only difference here is that I realize that BADORANGEMAN is a symptom, not a cause

Reactions: Phi1

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Standard response when getting smacked down and proven wrong. Can't refute- go to ad hominem

Face it, besides being crass and dumb Trump is no worse than any of the other criminals that have been in office in the last 100 years

Ever think I loathe the government because of its continuing criminality? The only difference here is that I realize that BADORANGEMAN is a symptom, not a cause
Trump is way worse, lets look at his life, a liar, a cheat, a sexual harasser, probable rapist who also has spent his career defaulting on loans and screwing his illegal immigrant employees

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I disagree

he has debased the office and bumbled both domestic and foreign policy

I also do not think publishing some books while in office is the same as driving
government and foreign business to your resort properties to boost your brand

using public office to benefit private business....Trump and Kushner...is abhorrent.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca

I agree, to an extent. Previous administrations have had their fair share of grift and self dealings, they just had the common decency to attempt to hide it or make it look half way legitimate.

T is doing it all pretty brazenly, the only good I see coming from this is hopefully people will see just how much power the executive branch is capable of in the wrong hands, and can work to reign it in.

That said, he's not fixing things and is the last person I'd pick to do so. Anyone who thought there would be any swamp draining has been duped. Although having people like Manafort and Stone sidelined from politics is a silver lining.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I disagree

I also do not think publishing some books while in office is the same as driving

using public office to benefit private business....Trump and Kushner...is abhorrent.
Just Ifails world class whataboutism learned from his Russian troll farms.

• Haha

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I agree, to an extent. Previous administrations have had their fair share of grift and self dealings, they just had the common decency to attempt to hide it or make it look half way legitimate.

T is doing it all pretty brazenly, the only good I see coming from this is hopefully people will see just how much power the executive branch is capable of in the wrong hands, and can work to reign it in.

That said, he's not fixing things and is the last person I'd pick to do so. Anyone who thought there would be any swamp draining has been duped. Although having people like Manafort and Stone sidelined from politics is a silver lining.
I agree on all counts

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I disagree

Have you ever looked at the net worth changes of any national-level politicians? Once again, Trump is just being more brazen about cashing in than the rest of them can

The office needs to be debased. The President is not a king, he is our servant

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Have you ever looked at the net worth changes of any national-level politicians? Once again, Trump is just being more brazen about cashing in than the rest of them can

The office needs to be debased. The President is not a king, he is our servant
can you demonstrate that net worth change happening while President?

the conflict of interest is unprecedented.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

I've posted Obama's change many times.

People become President for two reasons- power and riches. Of course there is a conflict of interest. It's gross, but so are the people that run in those circles

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Seems like I heard that same nonsense before

Mueller is coming :batman:
Keep in mind, the impeachment inquiry started before this latest WB episode, which seemed to fast track public support for an impeachment investigation.

The basic theory I'm reading from my biased sources go something like this:

Don McGahn was a key witness to several obstructive acts in the Mueller report.

House Judiciary subpoenaed him in April but WH is arguing "absolute immunity" for him to testify. District court hearing on that is Oct 31.

House Dems brought Hope Hicks in before starting an impeachment inquiry. She answered almost nothing and claimed "absolute immunity" on the record.

Then House Judiciary started an impeachment inquiry and brought in Lewandowski who basically did the same thing.

The theory is, the ridiculousness of this "absolute immunity" defense will be bolstered by Hicks' and Lewandowski's "testimony". That those called to testify would claim the same immunity and behave the same whether during public hearings or during an impeachment investigation. That this would be more reasons why McGahn's testimony is critical for congress to be able to investigate.

Cue the Lucy football gif.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

It was almost all salary and book deal. The notion that Obama is anywhere remotely close to the same solar system of corruption as DJT...

Still, DJT's self-dealing is a lesser evil than competent execution of the GOP platform. Every time he's calling someone to bilk some hotel bookings out of them, instead of doing something Mitch McConnell wants, we all win.

From https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#650f80c45bf0

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
It was almost all salary and book deal. The notion that Obama is anywhere remotely close to the same solar system of corruption as DJT...

Still, DJT's self-dealing is a lesser evil than competent execution of the GOP platform. Every time he's calling someone to bilk some hotel bookings out of them, instead of doing something Mitch McConnell wants, we all win.

From https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#650f80c45bf0

ding ding ding

let me know if/when we find out Obama was AirBNB'ing rooms at his pirate mansion
to the Saudis in exchange for espionage against his domestic political enemies....

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
The Dems should definitely listen to the Right on how to go about this whole impeachment thing.
lie, cheat, steal, make stuff up and repeat the lie in short side bite talking points for the lowest common dinmoniator America to understand

Chump change compared to just two years while working in the white house for Jared
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/business/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-net-worth.html

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
So to summarize, in two months since you started this thread (after two or three threads started earlier on this same subject) what exactly has been accomplished and when will he be impeached?