Highlights
Minor surf Wednesday the 13th into Thursday AM the 14th – likely off
Solid surf for Friday the 15th and with good conditions – likely on
More solid swell with favorable wind lining up the entire event window

Reactions: ~rwright~

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Billy Kemper is a beast. They are built totally differently and have a different approach but his surfing style there for some reason reminded me of Roy Powers when he won the conest at yuge Haleiwa.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Watched for a couple of hours yesterday. I think a lot of CT surfers would have failed to advance if they had to surf the early rounds in those conditions. A lot of great surfing in very challenging conditions. More fun to watch than a standard CT event.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Surf was kinda funky so instead of surfing I ended up watching the comp most of the day. All the guys I was cheering on lost. Reo Inaba, Josh Moniz and then Seth. Should’ve went to skate instead.

They were talking about it during the podcast. Big, gnarly, bumpy conditions no airs today just man hacks. Other than my guys losing early, especially Reo who was close to qualifying it was fun to watch.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
A bunch of guys I've never heard of were ripping. Any groms out there who have dreams of making the CT should have watched this contest and filled out college applications instead.

Reactions: teeroi and Havoc

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Billy Kemper is a beast. They are built totally differently and have a different approach but his surfing style there for some reason reminded me of Roy Powers
Look kinda similar in the face too

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
A bunch of guys I've never heard of were ripping. Any groms out there who have dreams of making the CT should have watched this contest and filled out college applications instead.
Dime a dozen? Surfing ain’t paying the bills anymore unless you’re cream of the crop or got some cool guy shtick going on. Many of these QSers have family “backing” for what their sponsors or lack thereof won’t pick up. Good way to see the world travel and surf while still young, but not a long term career path. Definitely alternative paths rather than uni, not everyone needs it or wants it. Most of these kids were home “schooled” anyway, can’t see them being cut out for the classroom.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
When you get the chance, watch Ethan Ewing's almighty hack/carve/whatev in R3 Heat1. Mindblowing technique.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
When you get the chance, watch Ethan Ewing's almighty hack/carve/whatev in R3 Heat1. Mindblowing technique.
He’s very good, definitely belongs on the CT. Perfect technique and exceptional style.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I would say some of the Pro Girls were better than more than a few of Q guys. They looked a bunch of amateurs compared to guys like Ethan Ewing, Jack Robbo, etc. And some of them were very stickered up.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
It's on in about an hour. Here's the first heat of the day. Will robert show up on time?
Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.40.15 AM.png