*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
When I registered ‘cstreet’ was the first thing that popped into my head for some reason, btw. I surf through there on big days when the sections connect but it’s not worth paddling out there otherwise. Too many longboardres and it’s a weak break without some size.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
No, but it's clear I've touched a nerve. :) :waving:

Nobody just suddenly registers here anymore.

All newer members are just old members.
Oh, now I get it, your little game is about touching a nerve. Very clever, and so out of character that I had no idea.

We can probably stop trashing up Griffin’s topic now.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Bump.

Greg made some great looking boards and I will miss him sharing the stoke here.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It just doesn't seem real that Greg is gone....

In his honor I will hijack this thread with my own shape....:cheers:

...and point out that the hard edge rails are 100% his inspiration.

And it's swallow tail, Greg. Not a diamond. :waving:

Going to really miss his nuggets of wisdom.

IMG_6621.JPG

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Can we see a pic of the rail curve with your hand wrapped around it (thumb and forefinger)?

Also, when I rode his flat 5 fin, I had a Maurice Cole at the time (massive concave). I told Greg that they both felt similar (couldn't feel the difference). More than one way to accomplish similar goal.

Last edited:

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
Can we see a pic of the rail curve with your hand wrapped around it (thumb and forefinger)?

Also, when I rode his flat 5 fin, I had a Maurice Cole at the time (massive concave). I told Greg that they both felt similar (couldn't feel the difference). More than one way to accomplish similar goal.
I totally agree. I think there is a lot to be said for letting a Shaper do his "thing". I mostly have Parmenters and GG boards. both great, but different philosophies.