*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Starting in 2000 I made these 9' Twins for Gavin at T&C
Based on my own
These were made for pure fun - there was no market for them - no intent to seek sales , just fun

Mines one ! Thruster -Twin

These enabled me to make Andy a very happy customer this weekend with his 9' Twin - Thruster

No Team riders were needed :)

1A3DA561-1771-4159-842E-9D95BC0AE4DF.jpg

C80D7F26-7378-4EB8-8D5F-177576352B09.jpg

Reactions: need 4 speed

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have nothing to do with videos

I spend my time on making bawds and fins for them -

I know from personal experience what they do and base my customs of that - no need to prove anything
No kid'in you spend yer time making fins and bords etc etc but like I and others posted pretty easy to get footage of your boards in action in '22:foreheadslap:
Why post video then:shrug:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
You agenda is showing again

Tell us about yourself
@griffinsurfboard why did it take so long :shrug: please try to produce more video like this its good for business and all I "we" been asking for:drowning:
Gave you props for finally posting some very good footage of non pro surfer on one of your boards. Then you respond with:

I know from personal experience what they do and base my customs of that - no need to prove anything
Agenda :foreheadslap:

Last edited:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015

You should try and coordinate more of these with certain customers. Maybe offer an incentive on the purchase if they deliver some quality content, and then you still dont really have anything to do with the videos..??.. Board looks great and good surfer.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I am 73 , my time is way better spent on myself , rather than video chit
Agreed. I went to school for Media Production and used to do it as a side business. Very time consuming, and you better like working weekends and nights. I'm only 40 something and already pretty burnt out on it, but it can be a rewarding process to see something good come together, and the memories are truly priceless.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu

Everything’s amazing and no one is happy. Haha. Twin fin looks fun on amazing waves in a 4 minute video.

The Superstar Shapers not only have to design amazing boars but have to be adept at promoting themselves. That self promotion takes time away from designing and shaping the boars they are known for.

The last Stab in the Dark with Jack Robbo, they introduce Wade Tokoro as the least self-promoting top shaper. If you know Wade or Kerry for that matter and watch any of their interviews you can see how uncomfortable they are. They do them cause its a necessary evil. Same as posting/promoting on social media. Wade is always happy to get free content. He even post pics and vids of me on his IG. ME. Haha.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Teeroi tries to be humble but we all know he's actually a big time weather man.

The local station sends him out to Bowls every morning so he can get the daily temp reading from "in da tube".
Brah. I surfed a hurricane swell a couple of years ago. There was the news remote truck broadcasting live from the parking lot. All I could think was my old parents are watching thinking my 50+ year old son still has no common sense. Surfing during a hurricane warning. By the way Rockpiles Left was amazing. Haha.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

Everything’s amazing and no one is happy. Haha. Twin fin looks fun on amazing waves in a 4 minute video.

The Superstar Shapers not only have to design amazing boars but have to be adept at promoting themselves. That self promotion takes time away from designing and shaping the boars they are known for.

The last Stab in the Dark with Jack Robbo, they introduce Wade Tokoro as the least self-promoting top shaper. If you know Wade or Kerry for that matter and watch any of their interviews you can see how uncomfortable they are. They do them cause its a necessary evil. Same as posting/promoting on social media. Wade is always happy to get free content. He even post pics and vids of me on his IG. ME. Haha.
Love that clip. I'm also a big fan of your avatar pic.

Reactions: teeroi

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Agreed. I went to school for Media Production and used to do it as a side business. Very time consuming, and you better like working weekends and nights. I'm only 40 something and already pretty burnt out on it, but it can be a rewarding process to see something good come together, and the memories are truly priceless.
Agreed, there would be very little/no value/return doing some high end production… but it’s not needed.

In the year 2022, all you need to do is ask ripper customers - in Any Industry, not just surfboarding- “hey , if you happen to get a good vid clip or pic please share with me“ - it’s really that easy n simple and 9 out of 9 Times they’re more than happy to share ...

Reactions: rowjimmytour