*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
First ride review :

Wowza. We got some 2’ @ 10 sec, thigh high waves and that board just flew thru it. Pretty amazing. My buddy was impressed with the sections I was making. And with all that speed I could actually do turns (unlike him - 20 lbs lighter than me and on a larger, supposedly high performance, LB (9’0 Takayama In The Pink)).

Also, might just be my imagination or the fact that I know how light the board is, but I feel that when I shortened and quickened my paddle strokes the board took off like no other.

I’ve had the board sitting out in my basement workshop/office since it arrived so I could admire it. Interesting how the volume of the board changes along the rocker line. Makes other LBs look two dimensional.

Anyway, whatever’s going on, it definitely catches ’nothing’! Can’t wait to get it on something!

Thanks for another great board!!!

IMG_0383 2.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

Many in Hawaii know these have worked this well for the last 30 years - great stories ;-)

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Geez all these years reading Griffin’s post on here I’m able to understand some of it.
Keola Rapoza is a local shaper who used to specialize in T&C longboars when they had more than one shaper doing that at a time.
Todd Pinder is a transplant shaper who specializes in logs both modern and classic, fishes, mini-sims type boars.
Teene used to be a lifeguard at Sandy’s but is now a Westside local legend.
The 3 time world champ is Rusty Keaulana.

Griffin is saying you might not think much of the boar he posted but a few of our local shapers, Rusty and according to Teene the lokes at Makaha think otherwise.

Your welcome.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Geez all these years reading Griffin’s post on here I’m able to understand some of it.
Keola Rapoza is a local shaper who used to specialize in T&C longboars when they had more than one shaper doing that at a time.
Todd Pinder is a transplant shaper who specializes in logs both modern and classic, fishes, mini-sims type boars.

Griffin is saying you might not think much of the boar he posted but a few of our local shapers, Rusty and according to Teene the lokes at Makaha think otherwise.

Your welcome.
Proper translation

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Keola was a west side surfer , his mom ran the factory , Moki his dad was a good friend

There were 9 shapers at this time with one of the nicest factories and largest # of stock boards with factory pricing in the world .

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Sorry, but I had to go out back and laugh. There is no such thing as a "high performance" Takayama In The Pink.

I would be willing to ride this boar.

And with all that speed I could actually do turns (unlike him - 20 lbs lighter than me and on a larger, supposedly high performance, LB (9’0 Takayama In The Pink)).

View attachment 131962

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

Your welcome.
Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 7.56.41 AM.png

Here are 10 reasons why we still need secret codes and decoder rings in our lives:

1. Secret codes keep your brain sharp. Decoder rings are the perfect brain teasers! They stretch your mind and make you see everyday things (like letters and numbers) in different ways. Add secret message encryption to the pantheon of brain exercises like crossword puzzles, sudoku, and those fun airplane magazine MENSA quizzes.
  2. Learning about codes and ciphers is a great way to learn world history. History, especially war history, is riddled with secret codes (pardon the pun). From the days of Julius Caesar to the Navajo “code talkers” in WWII, cryptic messages have changed played a pivotal role in the rise and fall of empires.
  3. Encoding and deciphering messages is perfect training for studying a foreign language. Think about it: breaking apart words and phrases, translating them into new segments of data, and using them to communicate with others – what are secret codes if not another “language?” Decoder rings can be an excellent way to prepare young minds for later language study.
  4. Secret codes make great internet passwords. You no longer need to feel guilty about a password like “1234” or “password!” Find a way to encode even the most mundane of words, and you’ll have airtight online security every time.
  5. Decoder rings are great for journals and diaries. We usually think of secret codes as a way to send messages to others, but this doesn’t always need to be the case; sometimes you have some information that you would just prefer not to share. Improve your privacy by using simple codewords or ciphers to encrypt your personal writings.
  6. Secret codes make passing notes more fun. Texting may have made note-passing a bit obsolete, but there’s still nothing quite like receiving a secret message. And secret notes aren’t just for biology class – you can send notes to pen pals, put them in a child’s lunch box, leave a note on a spouse’s pillow, or yes, even send a secret message via text.
  7. Learning codes and ciphers is excellent training for a life of espionage. I have a number of friends who now work for the government, doing things they’re not allowed to talk about. Those guys are always the coolest folks in the room at dinner parties. Use decoder rings to prepare now for a 007 life down the road.
  8. Learning codes can help with… coding. We can’t all be super spies, but we should all be learning to code. Just like decoder rings are an excellent primer for studying a foreign language, they can help train the mind to convert concepts and ideas into binary segments, making them a perfect prerequisite for coding instruction.
  9. Codes can bring a group together. Every kid needs a secret clubhouse. And by definition, these clubhouses need clubs. There’s nothing more fun or socially bonding than belonging to to a group of kids that has their own decoder rings.
  10. Secret codes go hand-in-hand with treasure hunts. My children love to send each other – and me – on treasure hunts. We’ve found from personal experience that decoder rings can add an element of magic and mystery to what could otherwise be a fairly ordinary set of clues.