*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I size boards off what the customer already has that he is happy with
Best small wave board I have is my Pyzel Astro Twin (5'10 x 20 1/2 x 2 5/8), but I want more bottom end. So in my case your above advice wouldn't work. I'd be really curious what you'd recommend.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
5'2 x 20 x 2 1/2
Tell me more about your Hovercraft, @santacruzin

GG, how would you size one for ultra groveling for a 58yo x 6'1 x 180 (who loves volume)?
Its a inline tri fin/twin/twinzer option.
need to go read the dims.
Think its 5'2 x 22 x 2 5/8 or something?

Best small wave board I have owned but you are not surfing it like an HP shortboard.
Its a different feeling, the classic GG floaty weightless glide combined with the tiny dims makes for different lines and good times.

couple of pics around here somewhere of me surfing it poorly hahaha

Reactions: j_mac and Maz

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Cheers!
Not after HP, just getting in early, skating over shitty sections, having fun in marginal conditions.

Waves like these. Small, gutless, soft. And no, that monkey is not me :)

Reactions: JDJ

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
5'2 x 20 x 2 1/2

Its a inline tri fin/twin/twinzer option.
need to go read the dims.
Think its 5'2 x 22 x 2 5/8 or something?

Best small wave board I have owned but you are not surfing it like an HP shortboard.
Its a different feeling, the classic GG floaty weightless glide combined with the tiny dims makes for different lines and good times.

couple of pics around here somewhere of me surfing it poorly hahaha
This is my favourite Griffin boar pic. I was looking for it a while ago, but couldn't find it. I described it in a post - tall rider, racing down the line on a tiny wave, thought I remembered there was seaweed embedded in the wave face. Need4Speed told me that's Santacruzin!

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Greg makes a tremendous squash tail thruster. He's known for multi fin designs and swallow tails. But his thruster works great. Mine had these nice foiled rails with a very user-friendly rocker. Paddled great and caught everything.

Reactions: need 4 speed