***Official FIRES thread***

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
was it accidental stupid campfire wreckless or son of Satan evil wants to ruin the few beautiful things we can share?
No. It was some tweaker from Fresno. Arson.....Do a web search. This guy had absolutely no bidnesss down there. They caught this guy red handed.

The First People had a punishment. Stake the perp out and build a sizable fire on his stomach.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Driving on I-505 headed to SF and there’s a ton of lightning right now. No Bueno.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
These are the scums leaverite was thinking of. Deplorable and hopefully will be found.

'It's sickening': Firefighter battling NorCal fire finds wallet stolen from work vehicle, bank account drained
https://ktla.com/news/its-sickening-firefighter-battling-norcal-fire-finds-wallet-stolen-from-work-vehicle-bank-account-drained/?anvplayer-autoplay=0
Looks like they got this douchebag!
Henry K. Lee (@henrykleeKTVU) Tweeted:
UPDATE: Mugshot of Brian Lee Johnson, 37, arrested in theft of working @CAL_FIRE fighter’s wallet, with credit cards used at @Safeway @Shell gas station & to buy @Bitcoin, per @SantaCruzSO1. Victim was made whole by insurance company https://t.co/Qdh10jevJn

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
saddens me to learn that an old friend and neighbor from my davenport days, tad jones, was killed near his home in last chance by the czu fire.

took a vow to stfu after returning from vietnam and i never heard him utter a single word. all he needed was a pencil and a spiral notepad, a big grin (or frown) and bright expressive eyes to get his message across.

rip brother

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
a fire started up about 5 miles from my house this afternoon. it's been hot and windy for two weeks with extreme fire danger. the wind started to die down not long after the fire popped up but unfortunately the wind direction is moving more towards my place and the town in general now. it's basically nothing but uninhabited crispy, crunchy, 2nd and 3rd growth timber between my place and the fire. word on the street (facebook) is that they have a good dozer line around it and the water dropping planes and choppers are keeping it somewhat in check but still, I can't imagine I will do much sleeping tonight.

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
lived in last chance 84-91 on a property overlooking the mill site clearing referenced in that article. it would suck, but you could weather a firestorm on the mill's old concrete slab. why he chose to bail out the back toward the east fork of the waddell no one will ever know. but being familiar with the route he took, i can only guess that he freaked and figured getting into one of the water holes was his best chance. Fire or not, Tad knew as well as anyone that there was no way out that direction by vehicle, and it doesn't sound like his hips were in any condition to hoof it out the back to big basin.

thanks for the article link janitor. hits home. i have a lot of good memories from that place and besides, scored a lot of waves at a time while most everyone still surfed exclusively in town.

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
a fire started up about 5 miles form my house this afternoon. it's been hot and windy for two weeks with extreme fire danger. the wind started to die down not long after the fire popped up but unfortunately the wind direction is moving more towards my place and the town in general now. it's basically nothing but uninhabited crispy, crunchy, 2nd and 3rd growth timber between my place and the fire. word on the street (facebook) is that they have a good dozer line around it and the water dropping planes and choppers are keeping it somewhat in check but still, I can't imagine I will do much sleeping tonight.
stay safe. i've been through several wildland fires and always found it best to find something constructive to do while you ride out the waiting

you know.. sweep off the roof and clean out your gutters, pull all the flammable stuff away from the house. have your gf put a bag together in case you have to bail. all the fire safe stuff you should have done well in advance

things like that.

then crack a beer, sit on the porch and listen to the night knowing you did what you could