*** Official Fin Thread ***

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Tried these in my spark plug this morning:

At first felt a little stiff and drivey but they warmed up into feeling really solid and made my board surf more thruster like. I compare the hold to my EN's but not as much keel feel if that makes sense.

Seems like a good fin for riding my twin in juicy waves.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Tried these in my spark plug this morning:

At first felt a little stiff and drivey but they warmed up into feeling really solid and made my board surf more thruster like. I compare the hold to my EN's but not as much keel feel if that makes sense.

Seems like a good fin for riding my twin in juicy waves.
They really shine in juice. A lot of speed, they seem to produce lift, when cutting back or down carving the face they hold speed throughout the turn and makes the turn feel crisp. I’ve never slid or skipped out on them even in chop.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
They are my "good wave" fin for my Banjo. I really like them but sometimes when it's smaller or fatter I prefer the extra fin to push off of EN's. I have really liked them in both of Oeste's boards I've tried them in too (Plasmic and Aipa twin).

You're welcome to try 'em out.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I think I’ll just order a set. It’s a big fin for my soyboy dims.

I’ll probably end up trying them in the worst conditions possible on the plasmic this summer.

Reactions: Aruka

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Confession:

I don't know how to fux with quads. I've gone my entire surfing life kind of avoiding them. I've ridden glassed in quad fish long ago (drivey, skatey), rode a regular quad and didn't dig it and I never ask for 5 fin options in my boards (Never use em, hate the look, too much extra plastic as a Future guy). I find a thruster set that works and ride it into the ground (AM2 pretty much at all times. I've got a set of Roberts that work well too, and some monstrous Archy Capt. Fins).

What thruster fronts work well with quad rears (Exclusively on a step up. I have no small wave/DD quads)?
What rears does one buy?
Is it worth buying just rears or grabbing a trues quad "set"?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Confession:

I don't know how to fux with quads. I've gone my entire surfing life kind of avoiding them. I've ridden glassed in quad fish long ago (drivey, skatey), rode a regular quad and didn't dig it and I never ask for 5 fin options in my boards (Never use em, hate the look, too much extra plastic as a Future guy). I find a thruster set that works and ride it into the ground (AM2 pretty much at all times. I've got a set of Roberts that work well too, and some monstrous Archy Capt. Fins).

What thruster fronts work well with quad rears (Exclusively on a step up. I have no small wave/DD quads)?
What rears does one buy?
Those Roberts work well with quad rears. There was a 5-fin option and the quad rears that came with them were medium 80/20 foil I think. I'd look for something similarly sized with 80/20 or flat foil.

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think I’ll just order a set. It’s a big fin for my soyboy dims.

I’ll probably end up trying them in the worst conditions possible on the plasmic this summer.
If you were gonna order them with a trailer Cleanline has them on sale at the moment.

I don't need the trailer so I'm gonna probably wait for NVS to have a coupon before I grab a set.

Reactions: sdsrfr

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Confession:

What rears does one buy?
what;s your size? I run large fins and my quad rears are 80/20 and flat 4.0's

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
@silentbutdeadly, I liked them a lot, they felt great. I ended up getting a deal on the NVS fins so I gave those a shot and I can't say I can tell a real difference between them. Definitely perfect for the twinsman.

Also waxing fin bases FTW. Don't want to end up like Oeste.

Reactions: sdsrfr