*** Official Fin Thread ***

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
From donaldtakayama.com referring to his "halo fins"
"You don't need to step all the back on the tail like traditional fins, but are able to turn the board a little more further up on the board. While doing R&D on the fins, DT has created many variations of the fin to complement all different kinds of boards, from standard thrusters, mid-lengths, and Longboards, the Halo fin covers them all. Donald makes 14 different size halo center and side fins for endless combination and experimentation. It's a must have for all surfboard quivers"
If you read the rest of the page it's not hard to

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Take into account this was born of and speaks toward his longboards, but reference is made of using some of these to include all boards.

I would like to hear what you'll add about using these in a short board twin or mid-length etc.?
1636015633737.png

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
tim was telling me about these as he picked up a set. they look weird to me

I run these in my Twinsman pin.

I like them.

Reactions: Woke AF

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I've ridden the Halo for a while
started as 4.25 sidebites with donald's 8" center fin on an HP longboard which is how they were used in the beginning as promoted by Hawaiian South Shore who seems to be the main local distributor. Then Noah was promoting the twin and quads so I tried those but mostly now ride the twins up front with the 4.25's in the back as a quad on my big boy egg hybrids like this one I got from UncleD (a Joe Blair big boy copy). Not sure about the forward positioning which is what I wanted. I even mistakenly put them on backwards on my original GG fish as a quad. Thought it rode well until one of my bruddahs on the beach yelled that they were on backwards as I was coming in walking up the beach. All I could do was shrug and laugh it off. Kind of like when the boys in the lineup at hanalei bowl were teasing me about riding my corecork gemini. It was kind of like, "Eh Unkoh the swallow tail is suppose to be in the back" and the everyone would bust out laughing.

dv4.JPG
dv2.JPG

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I still need to try in my albums and have a hex set collecting dust.

You like in the plasmic too, or just talking twinmanpin?
Mine are the old grey hex set.

Haven’t used them in the Plasmic. I‘m using Son of Cobra in that and they are great. I might try them in the Plasmic…or not.

Reactions: sdsrfr