*** Official Fin Thread ***

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I kinda thought the Ftures Stretches were too small as well. I was using the rears with larger fronts.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I’ve been liking the Rasta quads in similar boards in fuse-appropriate conditions. YMMV if you prefer stiffer fins tho
idk wtf I want. I just go off of feels. todd helps a ton but it doesn't always work. I am who I am,

I have Simon anderson's with flat rears (always flat for me) in my sub but am running mayhem's with flat qd4's in the ass end on my fuse. feels great but at times too sticky.

I hate/love quads

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
idk wtf I want. I just go off of feels. todd helps a ton but it doesn't always work. I am who I am,

I have Simon anderson's with flat rears (always flat for me) in my sub but am running mayhem's with flat qd4's in the ass end on my fuse. feels great but at times too sticky.

I hate/love quads
Maybe look for a rear quad set that's more upright to pair with the Mayhem fronts. Have no idea what that would be in Futures, but that's worked for me in the past when it came to quad set-ups.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Are the Futures Stamps Keels sold anywhere other than direct from Stamps?

Any other Futures keels with a base 7” or greater other than Stamps and Hobies?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Pretty sure you have to go direct. He’s quick to ship if you order through his site. Mine showed up in a couple days.

I don’t know of any others than those two. Let us know if you come across another.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Looks like the Alkali Modern Keels and the Needs are both over 7. The Alkali say they are a 70/30 foil with inside foil.

I picked up a used Mackie side cut fish and the fins are marked for fins with about 7 or 7.25” base. Biggest fins I have are the McCallum keela and part of the base is forward of the front of the insert.

Reactions: Aruka

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
I don't know if you are used to higher tail rocker + single concave boards ?

At your weight I would get 2 sets , one cheaper white plastic (thermotech) am2 (thebigones) stable and drive but won't be sticky cause of the flexynesz

Second , some am1

Reactions: sdsrfr

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
I don't know if you are used to higher tail rocker + single concave boards ?

At your weight I would get 2 sets , one cheaper white plastic (thermotech) am2 (thebigones) stable and drive but won't be sticky cause of the flexynesz

Second , some am1
i haven't ridden anything but a twin fin (2win fish and 2win) for like 4 years so it's gonna be an adjustment... but i needed to get back on a rip stick

appreciate the info -- thanks!