*** Official Fin Thread ***

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Okay that didn’t work well. Might as well do actuall twin plus trailer. Definitely looser but not getting the drive I want.

taking one in

Nep status
Jun 16, 2008
Anyone try Cardiff Fin Co or know what's up with them?

(Admittedly, I did not check to see if anyone discussed this before).

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Under further review there is some foil it seems

gonna use it to loosen up these Am2 in RNF

If you want drive and loose get these .

Tab placement is different than fcs2 version so it is the looser, pair it with a mrtfx trailer for best results

MACSAN

Nep status
Sep 5, 2009
Does it seem to any of you that some fcs ii fins (eg am air core fins) seem more brittle than others (performer air core)? I wonder if different resins are used fir different models.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I'd also like an FCS2 version. I have a set of FCS fusion YU's from True Ames. but I no longer have a board with those plugs and prefer the snap-in/out of FCS2. Yes, I'm too lazy to use screws.

Also, I feel like I'm kinda in between M and L size fins at 175-180 lbs. Usually switch between M Performers and L Reactors depending on the board /tail. Realistically, I'm usually surfing wide-tailed boards in knee-chest high San Diego surf. Anyone else around my size, M or L?? convince me.
fcs2 am large is slightly smaller than the futures one. great fin for tweener duus.

surfMOMster

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 18, 2003
Redondo Ave's
So I made a Black Friday purchase, and I've added a 5'4" 25L Varial Album Disasym to my quiver. This will be first time on an asym.
I know that there are a couple of dedicated sets for purchase, and I know that you can piece together a custom setup from whatever fins you have in your inventory.
The sets I'm considering are the True Ames and the NVS (especially with Black Friday discount). Futures fin boxes.
Hesitant about pulling the trigger on either though because I'm a light rider (128lbs) and both sets look like they might have too much fin area for my weight.
Also have my eye on the Drab Mikel Twin. I can try pairing it with the AM3, Rasta, or Gorilla quads I have.

Some advice please?

taking one in

Nep status
Jun 16, 2008
So I made a Black Friday purchase, and I've added a 5'4" 25L Varial Album Disasym to my quiver. This will be first time on an asym.
I know that there are a couple of dedicated sets for purchase, and I know that you can piece together a custom setup from whatever fins you have in your inventory.
The sets I'm considering are the True Ames and the NVS (especially with Black Friday discount). Futures fin boxes.
Hesitant about pulling the trigger on either though because I'm a light rider (128lbs) and both sets look like they might have too much fin area for my weight.
Also have my eye on the Drab Mikel Twin. I can try pairing it with the AM3, Rasta, or Gorilla quads I have.

Some advice please?
Aipa Twin +

Your Favorite Thruster side Fin +

Whatever quad rear is designed for your weight (80/20 foil)

Reactions: SixtyGrit

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
rocked these in my 6'2" scarecrow earlier this week and they felt great

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
i surf mushy crowded shat and can't generate speed for chit so need more rake. the p8s turn insane i just suck at surfboaring
What do you use for a center fin with your P8s? I’ve had success with leaving upright fins on the sides but using a smaller but more raked center fin. Gives me pivot when initiating my turns, but can push/drive off the center fin when needed. But, I also am the suck at surfing, so....take it with a grain of salt.