*** Official Fin Thread ***

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I guess there's only so many ways to shape a fin. Here's the Captain CC Espacial and the Bugarski/ Feather colab. Not a square millimeter of difference. I knew theyd be close, but exact?! The fins in both pictures are on top of each other. You cant see a sliver sticking out anywhere :shrug:

1644604788285.png1644605292942.png

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I guess there's only so many ways to shape a fin. Here's the Captain CC Espacial and the Bugarski/ Feather colab. Not a square millimeter of difference. I knew theyd be close, but exact?! The fins in both pictures are on top of each other. You cant see a sliver sticking out anywhere :shrug:

View attachment 124046View attachment 124049
china has really improved their quality control

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anyone run quad set up with twin set up front and small or normal rear set in future? I only have Fins unlimited 2win set and a honeycomb ole "red" Stretch quad set Sf4 :shrug:

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Twin fin cant question—anyone know which futures twins have the most cant? Most sites don’t have it listed. More specificAlly looking for info on fins that are in the “in between keel and twin“ category like the Christenson twins, Album Fascination, Lovelace Piggyback, etc. I got this back from NVS:

Fascination twins 6.5 degree cant.
6.5 Degree Keel
Triton
Ono

6.5 Degree Twin
Kraken
Nautilus
Album Upright
Stu Kenson (L&S)
Ahi

5 Degree Keel
Stamps (M&L)

Reactions: Aruka and SD_Dan

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Twin fin cant question—anyone know which futures twins have the most cant? Most sites don’t have it listed. More specificAlly looking for info on fins that are in the “in between keel and twin“ category like the Christenson twins, Album Fascination, Lovelace Piggyback, etc. I got this back from NVS:

6.5 Degree Keel
Triton
Ono

6.5 Degree Twin
Kraken
Nautilus
Album Upright
Stu Kenson (L&S)
Ahi

5 Degree Keel
Stamps (M&L)
AMT's have a lot and the most out of all my sets. Not sure the numbers but more than the Fascinations & Upright you have listed.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA

6.5 Degree Keel
Triton
Ono

6.5 Degree Twin
Kraken
Nautilus
Album Upright
Stu Kenson (L&S)
Ahi

5 Degree Keel
Stamps (M&L)
Check out the Britt merrick twin set. Good imbetweener. No clue on the cant though.

Reactions: sushipop

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
@sushipop why do you want 6.5* of cant? Is your board not turning quickly enough?
partly to effect the performance of a board I picked up. Partly curiosity on what’s out there since futures has it built in and no one posts numbers. I scooped up an asym album Plasmic mid length. Been running Christenson twins. its weird—they feel tracky at times and twitchy at others. The board has concave “channels” that sit inside a single concave through the tail. When measuring the cant of the fins while in the boxes, using a straight edge and carpentry protractor, the effective cant is around 4’. considering cant and other factors as I think about what to try next. If only someone made custom fins for a board with futures bases….

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I had issues with the Christenson twins in my Townsend. Tracking weird and some weird hang when pivoting at the lip constantly. Was driving me crazy until I swapped to a set of the Album Gemini fins which instantly felt right. Might not solve your issue but hearing your description sounds oddly familiar

Reactions: Aruka and sushipop

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@sushipop forever curious about fins,cant, and toe of twins. I run 4° cant on my boards
How long is your midlength? Maybe longer board more rail likes a little less fin