*** Official Fin Thread ***

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Looking for quad trailer suggestions. New boar. I am not a quad guy but I want to do some exploring. I'm going to start with TA CIs mediums or larges for the leads. I've got trailers options from a medium CC Captain Fin set. I think they are 70/30. I also have QD2 4s. 80/20. Both honeycomb. I dont know how much this channel affects the quad trailer choice. Shaper said start with the smallest trailer I got and go from there. What say the brain trust?

1600826429179.jpeg

Reactions: Aruka and jkb

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
might try these in RNF , Although I know i just need to order some GG and call it a day.
Im assuming the k2.1 wont go well in the fish
Have those.

Ran them in a low rocker alt-shortboard which has thruster placements. Fun for clean lined up days, jsut have to adjust the back foot to find the sweet spot.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Still no Jordy Mediums.
Yeah the email response I got back in May saying they would be coming out in July turned out to be way off. Just sent a follow up email and will report back with any news

Update: futures responded and said November 1st

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Any advice for fins on new board I am having shaped? Futures; probably getting them comped so will be low - medium end. Board is a 6'6" ahem 90s era and will be biased thin and loose. Fins will be set forward an inch or two from "standard". I am biased to smaller middle fin but not huge side fins. Waves I surf are generally 1-6', steep, dumpy, and bias more towards slash than deep hack (ideally would be the latter but, well, chicken legs) both vert and lateral. Used to waves running away so also biased towards angled takeoffs and down-the-line acceleration but also ability to drop down from line quickly to bottom turn and then destroy. Airs unlikely (BMI don't lie).

Thank you - and for your troubles:

1601251301157.png

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
90s board should go for a 90s template.
Do you want 500 lb herpe-laden snatches PMed to you on a 20 min interval until 2021?

Or, better yet, I will take your new TV and leave a certain QK in its place. You can use then discuss the relative volume and paddling difference and say, fuck I had no idea, the TV had _TWO_ purposes. :monkey: :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Any advice for fins on new board I am having shaped? Futures; probably getting them comped so will be low - medium end. Board is a 6'6" ahem 90s era and will be biased thin and loose. Fins will be set forward an inch or two from "standard". I am biased to smaller middle fin but not huge side fins. Waves I surf are generally 1-6', steep, dumpy, and bias more towards slash than deep hack (ideally would be the latter but, well, chicken legs) both vert and lateral. Used to waves running away so also biased towards angled takeoffs and down-the-line acceleration but also ability to drop down from line quickly to bottom turn and then destroy. Airs unlikely (BMI don't lie).
What fins do you usually like?