*** Official Fin Thread ***

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
This...
For backside down the line surf I would want a good amount of rake . The CC fin or Dale Dobson around 7 or 7.5 depending on how much u weigh
Get the bigger one, and don't be afraid to move the fin back in the box.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Thats not the AM template

No biggie , just why I asked who created this glass fin .
Oh really? That’s interesting because I have a box full of AM fins going back for many years and they are all the exact same template. Are you saying that none of the AM fins are Merrick’s template?

The only difference with the TA fins is that the center fin is the same size as the sides.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I've got two boomerang center fins of different sizes....they were in an Eaton Bonzer from long ago and worked well enough then. Seemed to turn super well at low speeds and had a little less drag at take-off, but this latter bit could just be faulty memory.

Haven't used them in years.

Been playing around with one of my boards that can work as a single fin. Been using a 7 in True Ames in it (from a Campbell Brother's Bonzer), and well, turns out I am very used to riding 2-3-4 finned boards.

Anyway, think there is any gains to be had by putting in the 6 inch boomerang fin? It seems to have just as much surface area as the True Ames 7 incher, except of course in different places.

Does anyone really love boomerang fins anymore?