*** Official Fin Thread ***

Nov 5, 2019
Had a Sharp Eye HT2 i wasnt really connecting with and switched out my go to AM2’s, which always felt on the verge of being too big (im 160lb.s) for an Accelerator in medium. Damn, those are the sweetest most forgotten fins for middleweights, I swear. Anybody else ride these?

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Had a Sharp Eye HT2 i wasnt really connecting with and switched out my go to AM2’s, which always felt on the verge of being too big (im 160lb.s) for an Accelerator in medium. Damn, those are the sweetest most forgotten fins for middleweights, I swear. Anybody else ride these?
Just picked up a set for a Stamps GX I have on order.

Reactions: Dick Bananas

MACSAN

Nep status
Sep 5, 2009
And isn't the Robert's large also similar to the AM2 but more upright? Has anyone tried them?

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Roberts are a bit more upright and pivotal. They're good fins if you like the inside foil types. I like the Gen series but prefer the old PC version with a mellower inside foil.

Reactions: Aardwolf

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I have the Roberts L generation and I really like them. I ride them the most out of the futures boards I have. Other fins are the Jordy L and F8 L. The Jordy want a little bit more wave to feel alive as do the F8, but the Jordy excel in rail carves and the F8 good with surplus speed and steepness. Roberts for me good at still being snappy enough but also having some sweep to push against.

This is in DD-style easy to ride thruster boars.

Nov 5, 2019
i liked the futures knockoff (gorilla moonbeam?) but eventually went onto the black/yellow L mayhem template. Found them snappier and easier to do what I want when hitting the lip.
They actually were the Gorilla future fins, but i guess there owned by fcs? Same thing. I dont know what theyre called but they looked so heinous i had to spraypaint them lol...I laid them on top some Accelerators and they’re the same fin, but they feel great. The fuller tip is a throwback and def not in vogue,but they release just fine.