*** Official Fin Thread ***

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
NICE! Those look good.

Funny enough, I just found some Wasabi fin box adapters at the Surfboard Broker clearance bin $25 bucks for 5 slots. I've yet to try them but put the fins in the slots and i think they will definitely work. Pretty amazing invention! But it appears they are no longer in business.
Were there any more?
:unsure:

ReForest

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2020
I actually like the G10 on certain boards. They are definitely heavier than most of my other fins, but not by that much. The stiffness is nice when the waves are big and you need that hold. Also, I feel like they give my lighter boards a little weight in the back that keeps the board more engaged with the water.

In smaller waves I use a lighter fin that has more flex. The Volan is great for those smaller conditions.

• Dislike
Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I actually like the G10 on certain boards. They are definitely heavier than most of my other fins, but not by that much. The stiffness is nice when the waves are big and you need that hold. Also, I feel like they give my lighter boards a little weight in the back that keeps the board more engaged with the water.

In smaller waves I use a lighter fin that has more flex. The Volan is great for those smaller conditions.
But G10 don’t float.
BTW what happened when you lost your endorfin in the water last week??

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

ReForest

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2020
But G10 don’t float.
BTW what happened when you lost your endorfin in the water last week??
G10 dont float and neither does Endorfin. lol.
I lost it... it never washed up on the shore and I didn't see anything in the water when it popped out. I dont think they float in the ocean like they do in a pool. lol

• Wow
Reactions: sdsrfr

ReForest

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2020
Speaking of fins... has any ever heard of "PrePreg Carbon"? Looks like Noel may have dropped Naked Viking Surf fins and went with someone else.

"PrePregnated Carbon" sounds funky. Curious to hear if anyone has rode them.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Speaking of fins... has any ever heard of "PrePreg Carbon"? Looks like Noel may have dropped Naked Viking Surf fins and went with someone else.

$300 AUD. Yeah...nah!
:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF and trifish

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City

Get on it. Great white pregger shredz

ReForest

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2020
Made in usa. I wonder if its the Drab fin guys. Looks similar.
Never heard of "Drab fins". Thanks for posting. These ones look sickk!

1701215025261.jpeg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I had a pair of r8 vaporcore. Rode them a bit and liked them but they got put aside for a while and then when i pulled them out of the stash later they had started to delam on the leading edge of one of the side fins.

Maybe they were the pre vaporcore version, the proto? I think the am2 protos I have are still fine and the more recent p8 vaporcore are fine i just dont seem to favor such upright templates anymore.

Reactions: JDJ and ReForest