*** Official Fin Thread ***

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
JJF larges w/ med center is a great setup. Kind of an elitist combo though like yeah just buy a set of meds and toss the side fins in the trash.

I just wish I was man enough to run the entire L set.
You could have just put your AM2 center fin in there. You do have a set of AM2s, right?

Reactions: encladd

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Anyone?

View attachment 151707
compare it to Mandala TA twin template (her husband). Maybe it's just misogynist BS towards a female shaper, but SD coconut wireless has it many of her shapes are straight copies of his models, and he has referred customers to her when he is busy because she is cheaper and has faster turnaround time (that I have heard first hand).

Reactions: Woke AF and sdsrfr

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
compare it to Mandala TA twin template (her husband). Maybe it's just misogynist BS towards a female shaper, but SD coconut wireless has it many of her shapes are straight copies of his models, and he has referred customers to her when he is busy because she is cheaper and has faster turnaround time (that I have heard first hand).
It’s nothing like the Mandala twin.

Reactions: oeste858

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I don’t think any of that is true. She is a great shaper in her own right and I’ve had better luck with her shapes than with mannys

Reactions: JDJ and oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I don’t think any of that is true. She is a great shaper in her own right and I’ve had better luck with her shapes than with mannys
I don’t know anyone who has ridden Furrows so that’s great to hear. I was surprised by the price of her OTR boars nowadays (I think it was in Mitchs north or Patagooch). She must be one of the highest profile female shapers today, right? Can’t think of many others off the top of my head

Last edited:
Reactions: cjs2002

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
It true. I went to manny, he wasn’t taking orders. Manny sent me to his wife, she agreed to make me one of his shapes under the Furrow label.

Dude at Mitch’s was curious why I was checking out OTR Furrows over other longer established labels. I told him. He wasn’t so stoked to hear that’s how Furrow was moving units as a relatively unknown label.

I bought a GH bonzegg instead. this was >10yrs ago now. Not saying she cannot mow foam and not saying she does not make her own stuff, especially by now. But at that time, she was most certainly making off label Mandala shapes.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
It true. I went to manny, he wasn’t taking orders. Manny sent me to his wife, she agreed to make me one of his shapes under the Furrow label.

Dude at Mitch’s was curious why I was checking out OTR Furrows over other longer established labels. I told him. He wasn’t so stoked to hear that’s how Furrow was moving units as a relatively unknown label.

I bought a GH bonzegg instead. this was >10yrs ago now. Not saying she cannot mow foam and not saying she does not make her own stuff, especially by now. But at that time, she was most certainly making off label Mandala shapes.
Ah, 10 years ago or more that certainly could have been the case. I wouldn’t know about that. All I know is that her boards and fins now are so good.

Reactions: oeste858 and sdsrfr

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

Sounds like the every shaper's origin story.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I don't think so. I've seen some of his boards with the wrong model lams on them :foreheadslap:
I was stuck on "no friends" fuk off laminate on 3 of my customs: gbuzz, superbuzz, and buzzsaw. I tried to be subtle and tell Dave "shop manager @ time" to put three "no friends" laminate on nose deck side like a very popular 805 board builder does hexagon logo. Came out alright but way to much space between but has more to do with lay out. My mid shape It2win was better done board was 6'9" so I told Dylan "shop manager now to run one "stretch" laminate across nose deck side and then next above upside down:crazy2:
156420052_1076321366201800_8966485782131963184_n.jpg18664307_231417837358828_1086082809590616108_n (1).jpg18699766_231417764025502_3635853559863795286_n.jpg

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
No doubt. It’s interesting to see how some get their name out there and others are largely unknown beyond their cult followings.

furrow‘s entrance into the mainstream was absolutely fostered by Manny. I don’t blame him either. great marketing opportunity and built off an existing successful design.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
no doubt. I think the only real unique / unusual aspect with them is that she’s a woman and it’s a husband & wife… rather an older dude and a younger apprentice type (like say Skip and Josh Hall).
Besides, we all know GG originated all modern boar designs that are worth riding!

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
  • Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I snapped an Endorfins twin at the base just doing a bottom turn. :cursing:

The fin box is totally fine - this has never happened to me with any other fin manufacturer. I'm glad that I didn't pay for them (present)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I snapped an Endorfins twin at the base just doing a bottom turn. :cursing:

The fin box is totally fine - this has never happened to me with any other fin manufacturer. I'm glad that I didn't pay for them (present)
You should hit up firewire for a replacement fin or set. Those are spendy fins they obviously shouldnt be breaking under normal use.

Fcs or futures, btw?

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
It just partially snapped - it was still held on by the outside layer of fibreglass. I will try and post a pic later

Aruka - - - good idea to contact our friends at FW for a replacement. It was futures btw.

Honestly - - - those fins were magic in that board (HS Misc)

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
It just partially snapped - it was still held on by the outside layer of fibreglass. I will try and post a pic later

Aruka - - - good idea to contact our friends at FW for a replacement. It was futures btw.

Honestly - - - those fins were magic in that board (HS Misc)
At least try and let us know how they treat you.

I think the endorfins are made by Scarfini in South Africa who have been making fins for a long time.

Reactions: Hazrus