*** Official Fin Thread ***

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anyone know a similar fin to the Futures SA3?
been my go to for a superbuzz for the last 10 years and just got a new one and didn’t love the board with the Rasta twin
After I tried the FU#2 quad set in my superbuzz never switched even though I own the 5 fin set.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
Anybody tried the new(ish?) Pyzel Futures in medium? I'm on the hunt for a more balanced, larger medium template while waiting for a custom. Seem like they have pretty refined tips, and more base than depth which is uncommon. Or if anybody has any recs for a balanced, larger medium template I'm all ears.

SidesCenter
Area15.1515.15
Height4.514.51
Base4.534.53
FoilFLATSYMM

Reactions: Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Did you look at the F6 template as well?

there are quite a few ~15sq in sets out there. Some are labeled medium and others larges so it makes it harder to find them.

Reactions: bigglesworth

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I've ridden the newer Pyzel M's as a quad a few times when borrowing a buddies board. I liked them quite a lot. I haven't ridden the thruster config of the newer ones but I used to ride the control series Pyzel M in my step ups and I liked them. Similar arc to the JJF M but a little more drive. I think the older one is a very similar template but looking at the numbers it looks like the newer one has slightly more area.

Reactions: bigglesworth

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I've ridden the mediums as a thruster in my new stepup and they felt great but slid out when pushing hard through turns. Large's aren't as spicy but I'd rather go for hold on that kind of board.

Ridden the mediums with 3.75 quad rear on my 6'1 round and it felt great. Need to try as thruster on that board next.

I really like neutral templates and that one feels good.