*** Official Fin Thread ***

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I was gifted a set of the endorfins twin set for Christmas. Looks like these:

I've used them for about 3 surfs in my HS Misc which I've had for a while and am very familiar with. I normally run it as a twin + trailer with Shapers Asher Pacey 5.59" fins.

Thoughts so far:
  • * I've only used them with the larger trailer fin in the set so far
  • * They have "made by Scarfini" written on the fin pouch (South African fin co).
  • * Quite rigid - Less flexible than my set of T1's, almost as rigid as the fibreglass Asher Pacey fins
  • * Good drive for being a fairly upright fin. They are a similar height to the T1's but a much longer base.
  • * Definitely a pivoty fin set. Was fairly at home in the small, pockety beachies that I have been surfing.
  • * Went ok on a couple of head high waves, but I was surfing a board that normally works better in smaller waves so YMMV.
  • * The trailer fin bases (both) are very slightly longer than both the Asher Pacey and T1 trailer fin bases. They are much more of a tight fit in the box and are difficult to remove.

Overall, so far so good. I would never have bought them for myself due to the KS/FW connection but there you go.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I was gifted a set of the endorfins twin set for Christmas. Looks like these:

I've used them for about 3 surfs in my HS Misc which I've had for a while and am very familiar with. I normally run it as a twin + trailer with Shapers Asher Pacey 5.59" fins.

Thoughts so far:
  • * I've only used them with the larger trailer fin in the set so far
  • * They have "made by Scarfini" written on the fin pouch (South African fin co).
  • * Quite rigid - Less flexible than my set of T1's, almost as rigid as the fibreglass Asher Pacey fins
  • * Good drive for being a fairly upright fin. They are a similar height to the T1's but a much longer base.
  • * Definitely a pivoty fin set. Was fairly at home in the small, pockety beachies that I have been surfing.
  • * Went ok on a couple of head high waves, but I was surfing a board that normally works better in smaller waves so YMMV.
  • * The trailer fin bases (both) are very slightly longer than both the Asher Pacey and T1 trailer fin bases. They are much more of a tight fit in the box and are difficult to remove.

Overall, so far so good. I would never have bought them for myself due to the KS/FW connection but there you go.
Update on the Endorphins:

I've used them around 15 times in the last three weeks, all in the same board.

Haters gonna hate, but these fins are magic in my HS Misc. I just wish there was no KS/FW connection... At least they're not made in some sweatshop in China.

Reactions: jkb and Aruka

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Kemper has a set that looks similar. Not sure if its the same ones. https://futuresfins.com/products/billy-kemper-quad
looks pretty close. The Padillac ones are more curvy.
Edit: I want no part of waves either of these fins were meant for