*** Official Fin Thread ***

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
If you are in contact with the guys at Chemistry I'd email them with your height/weight, the waves you are surfing and see if they have any recommendations. With a popular model like that probably have a go to fin or at least a general recommendation as far as a more raked or upright fin.
Did you talk to Will or Jason?
They used to have a set of Mediums they made through Capt. Fin that I never heard a bad thing about. Looks like they're no longer available.

I like AM2s

Nov 21, 2022
Did you talk to Will or Jason?
They used to have a set of Mediums they made through Capt. Fin that I never heard a bad thing about. Looks like they're no longer available.

I like AM2s
I talked to Will..super nice guy. I saw those fins and yes they're no longer sold. They're setting me up with an R2 model with a thumb tail, which somewhat has me tempted to keep a fin set with a slightly smaller center fin to loosen it up handy.

The board is for larger more lined up surf too so I don't want to skimp out on rake either. The Mikey February Fins are another model from captain I had my eyes on.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I talked to Will..super nice guy. I saw those fins and yes they're no longer sold. They're setting me up with an R2 model with a thumb tail, which somewhat has me tempted to keep a fin set with a slightly smaller center fin to loosen it up handy.

The board is for larger more lined up surf too so I don't want to skimp out on rake either. The Mikey February Fins are another model from captain I had my eyes on.

Do shops do demos anymore?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Check these out….

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Not yet. Theyre locked and loaded in my twainsman. Theyre not just tall, theyre big overall. Brock Lesnar approved.
Dafuq you waiting for?!?!?!?!?!?

PS: I ordered a pair and they arrived while I was texas.

I shall affix them to my Twang Mang and do some surfboard riding post haste.

Reactions: Aruka

MACSAN

Nep status
Sep 5, 2009
I’m 155-160 and never thought to try them because they seem too small. I have a set of F6s and they are similar to the medium JJF, but with more pivot and less drive.
They seem to small to me also but I was thinking of using on board with a pretty pulled in tail and thought it might be OK.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
IMG_2020.jpeg

Switched the C-drives to the 7'2 Ledge.

Overhead with ++ sets.Glassy and a little disorganized.

Board went well, and these fins are the best I've tried in this board. I was happy with the T-Knox fins, but these are smoother and maybe faster. Over all feel is the same as was with the 6'3 but not as edgy or pronounced. Just really smooth with an extreme glide-like feel. Cutbacks and carry through flats was really good. Surfing on rail was easier with these fins than others. ?
I think I will keep these with the 7'2 for a while.

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
If I want to add a bit of lift and looseness to a step-up - should I go with bigger or smaller fins? Currently have some medium "control" fiberglass fins in there.

The board design already feels pretty locked in with a good amount of v through the bottom. Wanted to add a little spark when it's not quite thumping.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
If I want to add a bit of lift and looseness to a step-up - should I go with bigger or smaller fins? Currently have some medium "control" fiberglass fins in there.

The board design already feels pretty locked in with a good amount of v through the bottom. Wanted to add a little spark when it's not quite thumping.
try a twin+trailer setup or at least run a smaller thruster center fin to see how that feels.