*** Official Fin Thread ***

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
picked up a used 6'0 Mandala Oracle twin this week. It has fcs fusion plugs, I have none of those twin tab fins anymore. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, I reached out to Manny and met him the next day at the Dark Arts factory to buy his own foiled twin fins. He said they're a little on the smaller side because he found the channels add some edge/hold. I seem to prefer relatively smaller twins anyway.
Nice guy and got to chat about my custom delta-v superchunk order in DA and we locked in dims.
#finsmadefortheboar
:shaka:
View attachment 139442View attachment 139443
Placement? Would bang.

Can you surf a Mandala south of La Jolla?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I used to have a Mandala that I bought at the Cliffs, and eventually sold there too. I don't think I've seen another one. Anecdotal evidence says, no Manny's at the Cliffs!

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
I just bought 2x new sets of NVS G10 fins (album twins, ono semi-keels) and in two different boards both sets whistle!!!

Any advice on how to fix? I'm sure it's buried deep in this thread somewhere but search never gets me very far

mahalos

Reactions: SD_Dan

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
I just bought 2x new sets of NVS G10 fins (album twins, ono semi-keels) and in two different boards both sets whistle!!!

Any advice on how to fix? I'm sure it's buried deep in this thread somewhere but search never gets me very far

mahalos
When my NVS fins whistle I know the waves are decent. Here in San Diego the NVS fins haven’t whistled in a while. :(

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Alright.

I grabbed some new Hess quads off CL for $90. Probably not much of an all rounder set, but pretty certain they'll go straight at Medium OB when i ride a full step up instead of the shortboard I should be riding..

:shameonyou: These fins are YUUGE, but they go good in my Hess boards. Insane drive and projection. They are rather upright, which is what allows them to turn despite the area. They are perhaps a little large for my Hess round pin, but the 8'6 and 6'1 swallow tails love em. Griffin approved fins made for the board.

Haven't tried them in anything else. My 8'3 Rusty Blackbird LOVES the Futures EA Quad. Not taking those out.

I was talking to Danny about being able to stall for the barrel more easily on the 7'2 round pin and he suggested subbing the Hess rears with True Ames 6-4 quad rears, which are smaller.

Reactions: MathDebater