*** Official Fin Thread ***

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
you like JJF fins? they're large and in charge but full of rip. simon anderson good call too.

depending on tail, wider tail, bigger fin, reduced area smaller

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
did a search didn't come up with anything .... wondering if anyone has given these a go?

Aipa Ahi Hook - Apex – NVS (surfnvs.com)

Currently using the Future's EN twins .... they work pretty well ... but looking for something a little more upright but with the same drive as the EN. The Aipa's look like they might fit that description.
Those are much smaller than en’s. I think that’ll be a pretty drastic change. I use the nvs Knox twins for what you’re describing. They are also GG approved, RIP, can’t argue with that.

Reactions: flyinraptr
Jul 12, 2022
Europe
Anyone has fin recommendations for a Coil M80?
Dims 5.10 by 19 3/4 by 2 9/16 fcs

I have tried PC 5 and ARC mediums
Board has a lot of build in speed but feels a bit too squirly/loose. For some reason my turns become snaps (unintentionally)

Other thing who uses carbon stealth shapers fins? They feel super stiff, are they suited for bigger powerful waves or also good for beachbreaks with less power?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
you like JJF fins? they're large and in charge but full of rip. simon anderson good call too.

depending on tail, wider tail, bigger fin, reduced area smaller

I haven't used the JJFs and I only see them listed as thrusters.
The tail is fairly wide, so I might err on a larger fin.

If I just bought rears to use with one of the following in a mini gun, what would ya'll suggest?
Roberts
AM2

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Confession:

I don't know how to fux with quads. I've gone my entire surfing life kind of avoiding them. I've ridden glassed in quad fish long ago (drivey, skatey), rode a regular quad and didn't dig it and I never ask for 5 fin options in my boards (Never use em, hate the look, too much extra plastic as a Future guy). I find a thruster set that works and ride it into the ground (AM2 pretty much at all times. I've got a set of Roberts that work well too, and some monstrous Archy Capt. Fins).

What thruster fronts work well with quad rears (Exclusively on a step up. I have no small wave/DD quads)?
What rears does one buy?
Is it worth buying just rears or grabbing a trues quad "set"?
Check in with Dylan at Stretch factory and see if you can order a set of Fins Unlimited S2 gun set fronts are 4.25" isf/rears 4" 50/50 $$$ on my 2x4 step up :cheers:

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina