*** Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion ***

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Not much chance for the USA vs Netherlands - or Australia vs Argentina, but with this Coupe du Monde, anything is possible!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Some last minute heroics by Cameroon to beat Brazil, but needed Serbia to score one more to advance...
Congrats Brazil & Switzerland.

On to the Round of 16!
DAMMIT I REFERRED TO THIS EXACT POST WHEN PLANNING MY SATURDAY MORNING. I’m at an Airbnb in sagaponack and I set my alarm for 6:45 am so I could watch USA Netherlands at 7 am at this beautiful country home. Just:foreheadslap: now realized That schedule above is clipped from a west coast news site because the game isn’t until 10 am eastern. Instead I’m just watching deer and turkey roam around this fallow field
FDAC9176-F739-4D0E-8351-0C971A57A79A.jpeg

Reactions: Joshua2415

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ah, here is a flock. It’s super blurry super zoomed shot but you can see the Alpha Tom with his tail fully displayed. He’s got a harem of about a dozen hens, and off frame about 50 yards away are a few Jakes attached to the flock, but keeping their distance from King Tom. At least these guys know their place in the lineup
AD046ADC-BD56-4DA8-91D1-D773987C7C8F.jpeg

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
How can a running back take a hit from a 250 lb linebacker and get up like nothing happened but these grass fairies are constantly falling and crying over incidental contact? Also the ball is constantly going fwd and backward with little measurable progress and many games end nil-nil. Watching soccer is a moral and intellectual failing.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Messi and the rest of the Argentina squad can soak up the adulation now, because The Netherlands will be much more difficult to get past than Australia. Frankly, if they can't beat Australia they shouldn't be in the tournament.

The USA did well for having one of the youngest squads at the World Cup, football is attracting more talent that otherwise would be going to American football, baseball or basketball.

American football isn't a sport - it is ritualised violence, pretending to be a sport.

Proper association football is a much better game, as we have seen at this Coupe du Monde.

Reactions: Lohena

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Watching soccer is a moral and intellectual failing.
It's a good thing America is superior on all things, because the only ones interested in AMERICAN Football are americans yet the entire planet craves for real football... you know, soccer.

Well, Murrica first I guess. Now let me get my failed and imoral intellect somewhere else.

To be honest I absolutely respect that football played with hands you enjoy... but you kinda gotta give it to earn it.

Reactions: Joshua2415 and JSC

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
If you don't know what running 8-11 kilometers every game, through a series of games, like the World Cup, is like... it's kind of like the surf school soft top guy trying to explain dropping in at BIG PEAHI.

:monkey::foreheadslap::poke:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
France has the scariest team of the bunch and they're probably gonna take the cup. They can't lose focus though as they have a pretty bumpy road ahead.

Brazil has gotten it pretty easy tbh... South Korea, then either Croatia or Japan in the quarters before sh!t finally hits the fan against Netherlands or Argentina. Not saying Brazil can't lose to these teams... we just lost to Cameroon. But there's no question these are easier games than going against Spain, Portugal, England, etc.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
The first proper match is coming up - FRANCE VS ENGLAND

Both sides in good form, both sides with outstanding individual players, astute and experienced managers -

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
It's a good thing America is superior on all things, because the only ones interested in AMERICAN Football are americans yet the entire planet craves for real football... you know, soccer.

Well, Murrica first I guess. Now let me get my failed and imoral intellect somewhere else.

To be honest I absolutely respect that football played with hands you enjoy... but you kinda gotta give it to earn it.
American football is all about gambling. That's the attraction.

Ever try to bet on soccer? What's the over/under? 0.5. Uuuh... How much time's left? It's a secret that only the ref knows. Hard pass.