*** Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion ***

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I've been slacking lately and haven't been following any games AT ALL.The World Cup is the World Cup though, time to get back to enjoying some good ol' soccer... I'm not keeping my hopes up but we have a real chance this year... Let's hope Brazil don't pull an Argentina against Serbia (btw, Serbia > Saudi Arabia).

Wonder if I can wear my yellow Brazil jersey... fucking Bolsonarists kinda took over the yellow colors and the brazilian flag, fuckers, and I don't have a blue shirt. I seriously don't wanna be mistaken by a Bolsominion.
Blue and Red are shorthand for political leaning in the USA. Speaking as someone on the Blue side, I'd rather wear a Red USA shirt with allover-print of Trump's cock and balls than this abomination:

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Didn't watch, but the score came across a local news feed... holy frijoles batman!

:foreheadslap:
Impressive stuff. every spanish player no more than 5 meters from each other... super organized... the futsal influence shone through.

So far England, France and Spain have put on a solid display. I guess Portugal and Brazil are the last of the true contenders to play (maybe that's being too nice to Portugal tbh... and mean to Uruguay?), we'll see how that first impression goes tomorrow. I haven't been following the Brazil games for some time now so I don't know what to expect. People say the team is really good this year but I won't take their word for it.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Something to keep in mind tomorrow... Serbia is way more dangerous than Iran, Austrália or Costa Rica. Their defense is annoying.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Fuck yeah! What a beautiful goal from Richarlison. This team really is good. And when they’re replaced the guys on the bench are good as hell too.

France and Spain are scary but it feels like we have a real shot at the cup this year.

Reactions: paunch23

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
What little I’ve known and seen, I could see Portugal winning this year. Rinaldo may just will it to happen

also, I have a really good bud named Thibault Courtois (Americanized frenchman) and I texted him “dude Belgium has a goalie with your name. He made a few nasty saves against Canada just now” and my buddy is like “yeah, he only has been the best goalie on the planet for 8 years now, and Belgium’s only redeeming quality” lol

said he has a bunch of stories of people in bars and restaurants thinking he is/was the aforementioned goalie.

Reactions: paunch23

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
What little I’ve known and seen, I could see Portugal winning this year. Rinaldo may just will it to happen
Ghana is weak, I don’t think Portugal has a talented enough team to be a real contender (you can’t win a World Cup with Cristiano Ronaldo alone). I’d say it’s between Brazil, France, England and Spain. Maybe Argentina too but that’s a big maybe.

We’ll see how it goes when the big teams start facing each other.

Reactions: Subway

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
hahaha damn,, World Cup is shaping up nice. I love when there's upsets.
but futbol is misleading, though. For example Spain's 7 vs Costa Rica. Costa Rica is a bunch of old guys, vs the Spanish side which have a couple of young amazing kids so, they made Costa Rica look really bad. But we'll see an actual game when a hurt Germany comes to play against them, needing to win. Next couple of games are gonna be good. Argentina vs Mex!!

but yeah Brazil is like a step above some teams.
for me, France Spain and Brazil are strong contenders...

Reactions: brukuns

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
This tournament is Neymar's to own, if he wants it - Brasil are strong all over the pitch and Alisson is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Mbappé and France don't have several key players out from injury, so they can be marked down.

Ronaldo will score and make headlines, but he can't win the entire tournament on his own at 37.

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Neymar?

Is this a pool diving competition?

If so, why even hold it?

He wins that ALWAYS, 'hands down'!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Most over rated pool diver evar IMHO.