*OFFICIAL* erBB vaccination survey...

Did you receive a COVID 19 ("novel coronavirus") vaccine?

• Yes but not fully vaxxed and have scheduled my second dose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I mean, I gladly slurped up any and all drugs offered to me by smelly hippies in Dead Show parking lots. Ate suckling pig sushi off the back of a moped in Bali. Poured gallons and gallons of tequila down my gullet in another life. Blow was always free.

But no fucking way I'm taking a vaccine!

Morans
man, from what little i remember, i did some nasty sh!t in some nasty places :foreheadslap::drowning::roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Waterlogged05

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
man, from what little i remember, i did some nasty sh!t in some nasty places :foreheadslap::drowning::roflmao:
In high school one of my surf buds once took a hit off a homeless guy called the "Governor" wine out in IV and he said after it tasted like fish guts:barf:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I find the hard line, scared of it, conspiracy weirdos as off putting and wrong as any of you, buuut...no shots for me.
Generally a skeptical person, not in a rush to be in the first group of people to buy the newest anything, get into the newest fad, I like to watch everyone else at the party take the pill and wait an hour or two and see how everyone does. This is all a little "beta test" for me. I could still be sold, if there was a real "this is why you need to take one on the head and accept the maybe one or two days of not feeling good and having that thing the boner pill company came up with in your body forever"

Which leads me to the reasoning behind getting the shot(s)...
Was I supposed to get it because it will stop COVID from spreading around if everyone gets it? That turned out to pretty much not be true though, right? Meaning even if everyone gets vaccinated, it wouldn't be enough to stop the virus from mutating and finding a new way to spread around. We can't keep up with it like that, even if we get infection rate down to 0 in a given location, that's a temporary state. So COVID exists now, coronavirus number 4? 5? And the goal is to "flatten the curve"...is that still the goal? I think we're ok with just the statistically vulnerable people being vaccinated? I mean now we're trying to give it to kids, when were kids even getting sick? We're chasing an unrealistic zero. If it goes around among the people who it doesn't (typically) effect, that helps us in the long run, no?

Having acknowledged that, as many have...so then I was supposed to get the shots so I don't get bad symptoms from COVID if I get it? Looking back, that was never a very real risk, right? Like less than one in a hundred odds? "Half of almost nothing" doesn't address any fears, to me.

I think the upside societally had been oversold, then reeled back in and flipped into a personal upside that doesn't address a real fear in an appreciable way. Not for me, anyways.
Lastly, though it doesn't factor in to my decision to get the vaccines or not, I also feel like "get this shot, it's on you" is a bit of a cop out, societally. How about we try to have more than one ICU bed per freakin' thousand people? It's been two years, we could have tried to at least hedge our bet with an "in case we can't vaccinate, mask, or six foot, the problem entirely away, here is how we deal with something that makes about two in a thousand people really messed up going forward without bringing the world to a screeching halt." Is it off the table, not part of the goal planning, that we accept and find a way to live with the existence of COVID? Even if we have to?

If you can find a way to make that seem "anti science", "disrespectful of those around you" or whatever else, well...I think it's just having a different opinion, coming to a different conclusion based on the same facts.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Double Moderna back in April and May. Got a little sick from the second Moderna, nothing major.

If you don't think the vaccines work, check hospitalization rates and vaccination rates in a given area. Where the first is high, the second is low, and vice versa.

If you don't have a complaint about for-profit healthcare, please don't complain about the lack of ICU beds. Most hospitals in the U.S. are businesses, which means they either turn a profit or they close.

Them's the breaks, as they say

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Double Moderna back in April and May. Got a little sick from the second Moderna, nothing major.

If you don't think the vaccines work, check hospitalization rates and vaccination rates in a given area. Where the first is high, the second is low, and vice versa.

If you don't have a complaint about for-profit healthcare, please don't complain about the lack of ICU beds. Most hospitals in the U.S. are businesses, which means they either turn a profit or they close.

Them's the breaks, as they say
Yep, the business model keeps the beds mostly full so there is very little surge capacity.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I find the hard line, scared of it, conspiracy weirdos as off putting and wrong as any of you, buuut...no shots for me.
Generally a skeptical person, not in a rush to be in the first group of people to buy the newest anything, get into the newest fad, I like to watch everyone else at the party take the pill and wait an hour or two and see how everyone does. This is all a little "beta test" for me. I could still be sold, if there was a real "this is why you need to take one on the head and accept the maybe one or two days of not feeling good and having that thing the boner pill company came up with in your body forever"

Which leads me to the reasoning behind getting the shot(s)...
Was I supposed to get it because it will stop COVID from spreading around if everyone gets it? That turned out to pretty much not be true though, right? Meaning even if everyone gets vaccinated, it wouldn't be enough to stop the virus from mutating and finding a new way to spread around. We can't keep up with it like that, even if we get infection rate down to 0 in a given location, that's a temporary state. So COVID exists now, coronavirus number 4? 5? And the goal is to "flatten the curve"...is that still the goal? I think we're ok with just the statistically vulnerable people being vaccinated? I mean now we're trying to give it to kids, when were kids even getting sick? We're chasing an unrealistic zero. If it goes around among the people who it doesn't (typically) effect, that helps us in the long run, no?

Having acknowledged that, as many have...so then I was supposed to get the shots so I don't get bad symptoms from COVID if I get it? Looking back, that was never a very real risk, right? Like less than one in a hundred odds? "Half of almost nothing" doesn't address any fears, to me.

I think the upside societally had been oversold, then reeled back in and flipped into a personal upside that doesn't address a real fear in an appreciable way. Not for me, anyways.
Lastly, though it doesn't factor in to my decision to get the vaccines or not, I also feel like "get this shot, it's on you" is a bit of a cop out, societally. How about we try to have more than one ICU bed per freakin' thousand people? It's been two years, we could have tried to at least hedge our bet with an "in case we can't vaccinate, mask, or six foot, the problem entirely away, here is how we deal with something that makes about two in a thousand people really messed up going forward without bringing the world to a screeching halt." Is it off the table, not part of the goal planning, that we accept and find a way to live with the existence of COVID? Even if we have to?

If you can find a way to make that seem "anti science", "disrespectful of those around you" or whatever else, well...I think it's just having a different opinion, coming to a different conclusion based on the same facts.
More afraid of jab then you are of covid yet goes out in public with nail polish:shrug:
696k deaths
Like most already said ingested way worse in my life time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Longy2222

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Recommended vaccines ..." back in the day " (1940's +)

Reactions: rowjimmytour

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
More afraid of jab then you are of covid:shrug:
696k deaths
Like most already said ingested way worse in my life time.
Have definitely put worse things in myself, intentionally. All of those things had been going into other people for a lot longer, first. I wouldn't have done LSD in the 60s, I did it in the 2000s when I could see decades of research on what happens to people. I don't take pain killers, any of them. It's conspiracy-esque, I look at the source of the thing and how long it has been a thing people do, then decide if I want to put it in me based on how much I stand to gain or lose from doing so.

696k deaths is just a number, my brain can't handle numbers bigger than l, like, 7. Not without surrounding them in tangibles and context, anyhow. Maybe yours can. I don't find it possible to have emotions that connect to numbers bigger than I can picture, while being disconnected from my experience. In my experience, which my fears are based on, I have not seen many (so, less than 7?) healthy people get badly sick, and seen no one die. I don't even live under any rocks. Must just not know enough people? :shrug:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Even not seeing it as individually beneficial to me, I could be convinced to get the vaccine if it was demonstrated to be necessary for saving the lives of others. That doesn't look to be true, it seems more likely that there are people who need to be vaccinated to reduce their personal risk, and many more people who could do "their part" by just getting and fighting off the virus. Right from the start this "no one size fits all solution" has been a non starter for a lot of people, I understand that.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
After what the Johnson family have been doing to the NYJETS I cannot support them in any way, shape or form!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Even not seeing it as individually beneficial to me, I could be convinced to get the vaccine if it was demonstrated to be necessary for saving the lives of others. That doesn't look to be true, it seems more likely that there are people who need to be vaccinated to reduce their personal risk, and many more people who could do "their part" by just getting and fighting off the virus. Right from the start this "no one size fits all solution" has been a non starter for a lot of people, I understand that.
You work in a restaurant and others work and eat and sure you go the store etc :shrug: What if your job says jab or no job?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
For the record, I could care less what you do. I'm more concerned that vaccinated libs can't seem to move on with their lives. Reducing transmission was a shifting of the goalposts from the PHase 1, 2, and 3 trial endpoints. As such, it represents a form of lying by public officials. Nevertheless, post-hoc evidence from weaker observational studies suggests it reduces transmission:

At your age and fitness, you're probably looking at being on your back for 10 days with Delta with your O2 levels going down to 90-85%. A fatass at our church who is our age got pneumonia with Delta. Hospitalization risk is heavily age and obesity-stratified, but mostly age. The guys above are all old so they see this only from their perspective and think it's going to wack everyone. Have you already had it? An antibody and/or T-cell test can confirm.

Whether you've been vaccinated or previously-infected or not, the definition of "vaccinated" is shifting to support Pfizer's SaaS business plan. The Pfizer marketing department expertly-predicted the Pavlovian response to their booster offering, to wit, "OOOK! OOK! SCREE!"

I felt nothing with J&J except swollen testicles.

Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
You work in a restaurant and others work and eat and sure you go the store etc :shrug: What if your job says jab or no job?
I do, and I'm looking forward to our eventually finding a solution that will allow for a return to being able to freely does those things without a t-shirt over my face or a new name brand drug shot into my arm every three months.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Whether you've been vaccinated or previously-infected or not, the definition of "vaccinated" is shifting...
This is another hang up for me. At this point, evidence suggests that a person who commits to vaccination is signing up for a program of sorts. Some of you are up to three, and it hasn't been a year.