Official Dodgers thread

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
frvcvs should I want the Rays or Astros to win from a Yanks fan POV in terms of winning the ALCS? I mean without Boston getting a wildcard the postseason has lost most of its meaning to me, but who is the easier matchup?

Being Florida, and the Yankees-Rays connection, and getting to watch so many Yankees games (albeit with the Rays announcers LOLOLOLOL) my heart wants the Rays, but after the trade deadline, I was all, WHERE THE F__K IS THE STARTING PITCHING and I had the Astros v Doyyers penned in.

Am I wrong to think the Astros are a bigger threat?

On paper the Astros are by far the bigger threat.

This season the Yanks are 3-4 against the Stros and 12-7 vs the Rays.

The Astros have more postseason experience than anyone still standing

Despite their stumbles vs TB, the Astros have the best rotation of College, Verlander and Greinke.

The Astros also have a very potent offense.

All that said if the Rays do pull it off the Yanks would be playing a scorching hot Rays team that would have won 3 consecutive elimination games against Oakland and Houston. Both very good teams and one who many consider to be the team to beat. So be careful what you wish for.

More than anything I'm happy this series got dragged out to five and both Verlander and Grienke have been touched up by their recent opponents. And Cole is going to be forced to pitch tonight meaning that even if the Stros pull it off, which is likely the case he can't pitch until Game 3 which bodes well for the Yanks who would have likely seen him in Games 1, 4 & 7 (if necessary).

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Kershaw gave up two homers back to back. Yeah I get it that the Dodgers want to keep him on because they owe him for his past playmanship, but his back is done. If I was the coach i would have at least pulled him out after that first homer or not play him at all.
You put Maeda (who can actually f*cking pitch in the postseason) in there at the top of the 8th and play Jansen in the 9th.

And you adjust Joe Kelly's glasses so he can actually get a pitch to go past 5 feet before the plate. I mean crap, it's almost as painful as watching 50 Cent pitch except the latter would have a lower ERA than 24.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
This series I really liked Rendon. So clutch and humble. I would hate pitching to him.

Kershaw's pitches looked slow AF. Soto looked like he was taking batting practice. Just the was he was standing at the plate, he looked so confident - like he new what was coming and exactly where. Then boom, longest homerun of his career 449 feet.

kdropin

OTF status
Feb 28, 2010
LI,NY/ TI,NC
silence in the crowd was priceless.. would like to see the rays win it all but Houston probably has a better shot at beating the yankees who i can't stand.. i could root for the nationals as well.. strasburg toughed it out not having his best stuff. respect there