Jun 7, 2005
Kento said:
Tommy_Lasorda said:
Boys,
fellas,
coming from me...
the BIG Cheese
This ain't our year.
Win one for me, next year, before I go to that big dodger dog in the sky.
Sox will win in 5.
Please come back and manage.
Magic & Co are horseshit coksukkers. Fuc'em.
Sox in 5
DONE
:dancing:

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Tommy_Lasorda said:
Kento said:
Tommy_Lasorda said:
Boys,
fellas,
coming from me...
the BIG Cheese
This ain't our year.
Win one for me, next year, before I go to that big dodger dog in the sky.
Sox will win in 5.
Please come back and manage.
Magic & Co are horseshit coksukkers. Fuc'em.
Sox in 5
DONE
:dancing: [/quote

So much for that :dancing: !

ThaDood

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2003
Playa Zen
Damnit Dodger fan, that’s 2 years in a row that the opponent celebrated on your yard. That has to sting just a little bit. I predict that soon, Dave Roberts will be pushing a grocery cart ( missing one wheel) thru Compton selling stolen cigarettes and t-shirts.
Astros bounce back in ‘19......seeya in the fall classic.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I think keep Robert's
I'll teach Kershaw how to throw the change up
Kick machado to the curb, he sucks
But most importantly management needs to tell Robert's, here's the analytics....now go manage as a baseball manager
This is baseball

Fugggg

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
laidback said:
I think keep Robert's
But most importantly Robert's needs to tell the nerds upstairs... "Thanks for this binder full of analytics. They'll be a useful tool in my arsenal but please let me do my job, mmkay thanks."
This is baseball

Fugggg
Fixed. :computer:

Roberts needs to be more than a cheerleader if he wants a ring. He needs to take his job back from the front office.

mhurdle858

Michael Peterson status
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego
frvcvs said:
laidback said:
I think keep Robert's
But most importantly Robert's needs to tell the nerds upstairs... "Thanks for this binder full of analytics. They'll be a useful tool in my arsenal but please let me do my job, mmkay thanks."
This is baseball

Fugggg

Roberts needs to be more than a cheerleader if he wants a ring. He needs to take his job back from the front office.
I have no issues with relying on analytics during the season. It's obviously worked with 6 straight NL West wins.

The issue is that things change in the post season. Emotions and adrenaline become more influential. That's why every year, every team; a journeyman player steps up to become a mvp and a regular season superstar goes 2 for 20.

The post season is made up of 7 (or 5) game mini seasons. There's not enough time for the analytical averages to work themselves out. You have to rely on the hot hands. Cora understood this, that why they won.

I think the only one who managed worse then Roberts, in the post season, was Counsell.

ThaDood

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2003
Playa Zen
DerDer said:
frvcvs said:
laidback said:
I think keep Robert's
This is baseball

Fugggg

I have no issues with relying on analytics during the season. It's obviously worked with 6 straight NL West wins.

The issue is that things change in the post season. Emotions and adrenaline become more influential. That's why every year, every team; a journeyman player steps up to become a mvp and a regular season superstar goes 2 for 20.

The post season is made up of 7 (or 5) game mini seasons. There's not enough time for the analytical averages to work themselves out. You have to rely on the hot hands. Cora understood this, that why they won.

I think the only one who managed worse then Roberts, in the post season, was Counsell.
I agree with the analytics and postseason. Look at last season, Astros were/are ahead of the field using analytics but look at the WS.....7 games and it all boiled down to the last few innings. There were multiple players that made an impact. And you are right about Cora, he was the bench coach for AJ Hinch last season and he just seemed prepared for this better than Roberts. Congrats to Cora, student become teacher

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Red Sox were one diving catch by beinttendi away from missing the series. The NL is no where close right now.

barnacle

Michael Peterson status
Nov 5, 2002
Newport, RI
beerbelly said:
Red Sox were one diving catch by beinttendi away from missing the series. The NL is no where close right now.
and then two more games after that at least .... they won the alcs 4-1