*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Can we start a grevience thread about the mishandling of the Spainish flu?

I just can't let that go.
Holy false comparison Batman. Why do you want to let the v government officials who made bad decisions off the hook?

On that note, if we are supposed to shut about the pandemic, then how about you stop whining about Trump while you are at it? It’s time to move on.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD and Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Holy false comparison Batman. Why do you want to let the v government officials who made bad decisions off the hook?

On that note, if we are supposed to shut about the pandemic, then how about you stop whining about Trump while you are at it? It’s time to move on.
Do you think complaining about it on a surfing web site is holding them accountable?

To your second point, Trump is still in the leader of GOP. He's still trying to make a power grab.

So you need to rethink the comparison.

My trump posts are usually making fun of the trump retards who post here.

IF you reframe that as TDS that is on you.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
People in the managerial class are never held accountable which is one of the primary causes of loss of trust in institutions. Tone deaf managerial midwits blame the loss of trust on misinformation rather than their lying and incompetence. This trend has been going on for decades.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/04/upshot/the-long-decline-of-trust-in-government-and-why-that-can-be-patriotic.html

How is this over? California DPH is still running ads on the radio every 15 minutes for everyone over the age of 5 to get a booster, followed by Pfizer's ads saying the same thing. It's unclear whether they mean, "Get the old booster," or "Get the new bivalent booster that has been tested only on mice." I suspect the former since ACIP approved that one for everyone 5 and up. In this case, they must be trying to clear the freezers for the new bivalent boosters that have been approved only for those 12 and up. It's a real humdinger. In any case, this is far from over and one always suspects that it's coming back. Biden regime apparatchiks tried to walk back his statements on 60 Minutes because they want the grift to continue.

Did anyone hear the mental health programs being run on the radio instead of music last night? Freaking bizarre and about two years too late. Better late than never I guess.

Since COVID 19 began 3 years ago, I suspect we have 3 more years of dealing with the immediate effects of bad policy advocated by simps for the COVID regime such as Autoprax - effects such as inflation, job loss, etc. The long-term effects will be felt for a generation, such as further loss of trust in institutions like the CDC. The only way to reverse this is to punish people like Fauci and Walensky and fire a lot of bureaucrats.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Do you think complaining about it on a surfing web site is holding them accountable?
of course not, but it’s a relevant discussion. This is the politics section after all, and politicians are basically immune from the consequences that others suffer from their bad decisions.

By that standard, how does complaining about Trump on a surfing message board help :unsure: :roflmao:

To your second point, Trump is still in the leader of GOP. He's still trying to make a power grab.

So you need to rethink the comparison.
and we are still dealing with the economic and social fallout from overreact policies, all of which affect us all far more than the orange man. So yeah- I’d say it’s a very relevant discussion :trout:

My trump posts are usually making fun of the trump retards who post here.

IF you reframe that as TDS that is on you.
Me saying “TDS” is for the exact same reason.

To be clear, the criticism is not unwarranted, but the excessive amount of Mental bandwidth he occupies in the minds of many is undeniable.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
People in the managerial class are never held accountable which is one of the primary causes of loss of trust in institutions. Tone deaf managerial midwits blame the loss of trust on misinformation rather than their lying and incompetence. This trend has been going on for decades.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/04/upshot/the-long-decline-of-trust-in-government-and-why-that-can-be-patriotic.html

How is this over? California DPH is still running ads on the radio every 15 minutes for everyone over the age of 5 to get a booster, followed by Pfizer's ads saying the same thing. It's unclear whether they mean, "Get the old booster," or "Get the new bivalent booster that has been tested only on mice." I suspect the former since ACIP approved that one for everyone 5 and up. In this case, they must be trying to clear the freezers for the new bivalent boosters that have been approved only for those 12 and up. It's a real humdinger. In any case, this is far from over and one always suspects that it's coming back. Biden regime apparatchiks tried to walk back his statements on 60 Minutes because they want the grift to continue.

Did anyone hear the mental health programs being run on the radio instead of music last night? Freaking bizarre and about two years too late. Better late than never I guess.

Since COVID 19 began 3 years ago, I suspect we have 3 more years of dealing with the immediate effects of bad policy advocated by simps for the COVID regime such as Autoprax - effects such as inflation, job loss, etc. The long-term effects will be felt for a generation, such as further loss of trust in institutions like the CDC. The only way to reverse this is to punish people like Fauci and Walensky and fire a lot of bureaucrats.
Not Trump? He was the first to shut the country down. He pushed the untested vaccines through in record time. He flooded the country with stimulus. And then he got vaccinated and boosted in private, muddling his own message and creating an entire class of anti-vaxxers like yourself.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
They do that with the flu shot every year too. Do you feel that pressure? Are you irate?

Is it mandatory for you? Is the government forcing you to get it? I haven't even considered a new booster and nobody is making me. Weird.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I haven't even considered a new booster and nobody is making me. Weird.
no, that's not wierd. that is both rational (on your part) and ethical (on the part of those who are in a position of authority over you).

you know what *is* weird?

mandating that people receive a vaccine (with no long term safety data) for a disease that they have already recovered from

that is wierd as fvck.

and so dumb.

Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
of course not, but it’s a relevant discussion. This is the politics section after all, and politicians are basically immune from the consequences that others suffer from their bad decisions.

By that standard, how does complaining about Trump on a surfing message board help :unsure: :roflmao:

and we are still dealing with the economic and social fallout from overreact policies, all of which affect us all far more than the orange man. So yeah- I’d say it’s a very relevant discussion :trout:

Me saying “TDS” is for the exact same reason.

To be clear, the criticism is not unwarranted, but the excessive amount of Mental bandwidth he occupies in the minds of many is undeniable.
How long should people be allowed to grouse about the covid response?

• Haha

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
i will stop grousing when:

1. people are no longer subject to dumb covid mandates #IMMEDIATELYDAMMIT

2. we have finished paying the bill for the dumb covid response #10YEARSFROMNOW

3. we have enacted some statutory guardrails in an attempt to protect the next generation from similar buggery #NEVER

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
i will stop grousing when:

1. people are no longer subject to dumb mandates

2. we have finished paying the bill for the dumb covid response

3. we have enacted some statutory guardrails in an attempt to protect the next generation from similar buggery
What mandates?

Wouldn't your complaints be more effective in another context?

Right now it's just sound and fury.

Do you think there are people on the erbb who can put in guardrails?

A bunch of middle aged surfers who spend too much time on the internet?

Have you read the stoics?

Epictetus would not approve.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
universities and employers

it is a widespread mandate that you do not notice because you support it
Many employers mandate flu shots too. That's their right.

Universities have always had vaccine mandates. Even when you attended.

Nothing is different than it was before 2020.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
For as long as the economic effects linger. We are all dealing with insane inflation and this will take a long time to calm down. Lots of housing markets went from very tough to near impossible to buy into because of high paid workers going remote and all of the extra cash floating around.

How long should people stress about Trump for? Do you really think that if he were to drop dead or be thrown in prison and barred from running again, that all of a sudden posters like Pico would stop starting threads about him :unsure: :roflmao: :trout:

You want people to stop calling out the Covid response because most of the worst polices and overreactions came from democrats. Plain and simple.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I call BS.

I work at a Cal State university and we are not mandated to get shots now.

Employers are private companese. Don't work for them.

I think you just want to be mad and are creating strawmen.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
What mandates?

Wouldn't your complaints be more effective in another context?

Do you think there are people on the erbb who can put in guardrails?

A bunch of middle aged surfers who spend too much time on the internet?

How ironic that you're impotently grousing about our grousing.

Would your complaints be more effective in another context?

An old man who spends too much time on the internet?

Executive Order 14042

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Nothing is different than it was before 2020.
false.

prior to covid there have not been mandates for vaccines with no long term safety data.

prior to covid there have not been mandates to be vaccinated for a disease that the person has already recovered from

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot