*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
What mandates? I think we're pretty much mandate-free at the moment.
corporate mandates for me, military mandates for my kid, travel mandates around the world - those are just the ones that fly right off the tip of my tongue

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
i don't know who "these guys" are, but i'll let go of it as soon as the mandates quit fucking up my life and the lives of so many others around the world
Which mandates?

Corporate? They’re making you do what, exactly?

Military? The place that has always had vaccine mandates and always will?

Travel? What specifically are you talking about? I was overseas this summer and didn’t even get asked about Covid.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
More like they are more likely to attribute their mental illness symptoms to “Long Covid”.
i’m all about the brain being the source of pain

The messed up sense of taste and smell was a new popular thing with covid
but I’m not sold that it’s not something way more that mental illness

its annoying AF, but I feel especially bad for anyone suffering with anxiety, depression and then random stuff smelling like metallic sulfur and tasting like pennies , but more sour

its enough to make someone go fvcking nuts, man

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Part of it probably the lingering of symptoms. It took a solid 2-3 weeks for my lungs to feel normal again after Covid. It was noticeable until it wasn't, and at that point I didn't think about it anymore. I could certainly see how for someone of greater age and/or worse cardiovascular health it could linger longer.

Otherwise, the above article shows that there is clearly a common denominator- pre existing psychiatric disorders. It's basically a placebo effect where their anxiety causes them to feel symptoms that aren't there, and/or it amplifies random signals that they mistake for Covid symptoms.

Long covid falls into the same bucket of "Cat Lady" diseases such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. They are mostly suffered by women with a history of mental illness and/or abuse. Which is sad, and I don't doubt that the pain feel very real to them, but to say that this is some kind of long term Covid is disingenuous.

• Love
Reactions: kpd73 and PRCD

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Can you get these kind of things when you test negative and figured you didn’t have covid?

when I had Covid in December, I lost taste and smell for a couple of weeks

months later I had an upper respiratory infection and I didn’t lose my taste and smell, but some stuff tastes and smell really bad

leave it to me to not get diagnosed with something but get the psycho, not really there, psychosomatic symptoms of it

crazy

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

its annoying AF, but I feel especially bad for anyone suffering with anxiety, depression and then random stuff smelling like metallic sulfur and tasting like pennies , but more sour

its enough to make someone go fvcking nuts, man
I got tinnitus.

My ears are hissing as I type this.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Part of it probably the lingering of symptoms. It took a solid 2-3 weeks for my lungs to feel normal again after Covid. It was noticeable until it wasn't, and at that point I didn't think about it anymore. I could certainly see how for someone of greater age and/or worse cardiovascular health it could linger longer.

Otherwise, the above article shows that there is clearly a common denominator- pre existing psychiatric disorders. It's basically a placebo effect where their anxiety causes them to feel symptoms that aren't there, and/or it amplifies random signals that they mistake for Covid symptoms.

Long covid falls into the same bucket of "Cat Lady" diseases such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. They are mostly suffered by women with a history of mental illness and/or abuse. Which is sad, and I don't doubt that the pain feel very real to them, but to say that this is some kind of long term Covid is disingenuous.
Unbiased medical expert

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
So realistic
not even

i have invested a decade into building and learning a set of complex systems that are unique to my employer

the knowledge of those systems is valuable

changing jobs at this point would be a staggering loss of either time or money depending on how you want to measure it

Reactions: 2surf and PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
not even

i have invested a decade into building and learning a set of complex systems that are unique to my employer

changing jobs at this point would be a staggering loss of either time or money depending on how you want to measure it
Remember last year when the Biden regime was trying to create an OSHA rule that you couldn't work at a company of over 100 employees unless you were vaccinated and it took the Supreme Court to shoot it down?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
not even

Sound risky to be so specialized
Makes you somewhat vulnerable even as right now your highly valuable

the vulnerable are the ones who often feel the brunt of stuff first
Whether health vulnerable or job/financial vulnerable