*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Cannabis sativa to the rescue!

Source.

(Hard)CORVALLIS, Ore. (KTVZ) – Hemp compounds identified by Oregon State University research with a chemical screening technique invented at OSU show the ability to prevent the virus that causes COVID-19 from entering human cells.

Findings of the study led by Richard van Breemen, a researcher with Oregon State’s Global Hemp Innovation Center, College of Pharmacy and Linus Pauling Institute, were published today in the Journal of Natural Products.

Hemp, known scientifically as Cannabis sativa, is a source of fiber, food and animal feed, and multiple hemp extracts and compounds are added to cosmetics, body lotions, dietary supplements and food, van Breemen said.

Van Breemen and collaborators, including scientists at Oregon Health & Science University, found that a pair of cannabinoid acids bind to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, blocking a critical step in the process the virus uses to infect people.

The compounds are cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, CBDA, and the spike protein is the same drug target used in COVID-19 vaccines and antibody therapy.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

Source.

(Hard)CORVALLIS, Ore. (KTVZ) – Hemp compounds identified by Oregon State University research with a chemical screening technique invented at OSU show the ability to prevent the virus that causes COVID-19 from entering human cells.

Findings of the study led by Richard van Breemen, a researcher with Oregon State’s Global Hemp Innovation Center, College of Pharmacy and Linus Pauling Institute, were published today in the Journal of Natural Products.

Hemp, known scientifically as Cannabis sativa, is a source of fiber, food and animal feed, and multiple hemp extracts and compounds are added to cosmetics, body lotions, dietary supplements and food, van Breemen said.

Van Breemen and collaborators, including scientists at Oregon Health & Science University, found that a pair of cannabinoid acids bind to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, blocking a critical step in the process the virus uses to infect people.

The compounds are cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, CBDA, and the spike protein is the same drug target used in COVID-19 vaccines and antibody therapy.
no wonder i havent caught that sh!t yet

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

The approvals of vaccines for children were based on studies that were grossly underpowered to measure either benefits or known harms.

Reactions: Havoc

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

Source.

Fully vaccinated here, but then, how'd @santacruzin catch it? Not puffing enough while in the EU? I told you to come on down and get fully vapped/vaxxed!

:shameonyou::unsure::shrug:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Fully vaccinated here, but then, how'd @santacruzin catch it? Not puffing enough while in the EU? I told you to come on down and get fully vapped/vaxxed!

:shameonyou::unsure::shrug:
Not smoking on my euro trip!!! Next trip I will add a leg to come see you and surf!

Here is another weird datapoint, I tested negative yesterday and this morning? WTF!!! Also feel fine now??

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
"Gripalizacion" of the pandemic is what certain media outlets are calling for locally, surely spurred by certain interests.

It means converting the "pandemic" conversation into a chat about the flu.

:shrug:

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
see, in the state I'm in right now, I would have demanded he take a swing at me like a man, or shut his mouth and walk away

Although i did yoga this morning so maybe i'm a little calmer
Always be careful with these challenges… because you never know who has skills. It would be pretty embarrassing to throw down this gauntlet and get dropped.

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You seem to get a lot of information from Twitter
The information I get from mainstream news sources is interpreted by a journalist who doesn't understand the primary source. On Twitter, you can go directly to the primary source. I'm better-off reading Monica Ghandi directly than listening to an interpretation of Monica Ghandi by a journalism major who may be interleaving political and editorial concerns into the article.

Also, I've talked to the press before and what I said was nowhere near what appeared in the article. Journalism has a big honesty problem. But Monica Ghandi sticks to the truth.

Reactions: Havoc