*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
The only one I jumped through was wearing a masked to teach. And I shorted my instruction time to compensate the extra resources drain of not being able to breath freely.

I could have taught from home which has a lower resource cost but it's not as effective and being effective matters to me.

Teaching with a mask is better for me and the kids.

I got my shots before any mandates.

So one.

I guess.

Does anyone have a life where they don't have to jump through hoops?
Appreciate you doing this. Too many professors and universities (looking at you, UH) are taking the easy way out and the students are suffering.

Reactions: rice

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Austria, with one of the highest vaccination rates of EU closed EVERYTHING down. Guess the vaxx trial run is not working so well?

Oh no!

The Saffa Variant is coming!

Lock up your children!

-_5xjomZGTuY.jpg

:socrazy:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Got a chance to accidently visit with an older acquaintance this weekend while walking to the top of Twin Peaks. (Hadn't seen him in about 10 yrs; he is now retired and out of the biz.)

After some chit-chat about his former co-workers, we talked about the evolving nature of CV-19, peptides, probable human specific amino acid segment(s?) found in the more recent CV-19 variant in the news this weekend past, how the virus had likely found an immuno-compromised which allowed for rapid mutations, and what this meant for the rest of us.

"You know, Mr. Doof, when AIDs was first IDed as an illness and then HIV discovered, it was found that the initial infection presented as a mild flu and then 10 yrs later, you died. While I doubt this virus will become a trigger for that kind of disease, what it if gets in a person with some other active viral disease who also is immuno-compromised and turns into some sort of super flu?"

"Thanks for that thought on such a nice day. On the other hand, it could go the other way and mutate into a beneficial virus like mitochondria, though doubtful that will do anyone currently alive any good."

After we parted and Sweetie-pie and I walked home, I got to wondering about the nature of chaos and how it has helped/hurt me and came to the conclusion that for myself, I needed to take a day off from surfing to allow my aging body a bit of extra rest to help recover from the the past four days of surf to better stack the deck in my favor to cope with the organized chaos that is inherent in surfing.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Freaking interim governor Huchuli declared a new state of emergency in NY and the fucking variant hasn’t even been detected here yet. It’s almost certainly in the city, not arguing that, but talk about creating unnecessary panic and anxiety.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Freaking interim governor Huchuli declared a new state of emergency in NY and the fucking variant hasn’t even been detected here yet. It’s almost certainly in the city, not arguing that, but talk about creating unnecessary panic and anxiety.
The problem with viral infections is if you wait for the cases, you are too late.

That is why dealing with pandemics is hard.

Super high risk of both under and over reacting

Last edited: