*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Our MDs regularly work 7+ days straight in the ICU sans outbursts.

This is normal.

I've seen docs do 28 days straight. Most don't want to do that, some have no problem.

Some of these outburst docs should check out the ICU mortality rates from 1980s and early 90s. Not to mention previous years.

No doubt they are unaware that someone out there is gatekeeping the entire MD-Covid experience - they should really learn to respond to this pandemic appropriately. :rolleyes:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Man, what's the point?

Do we really need to do this? :dancing:
I'm just looking for the basis to your allusion that Trump is an anti-vaxxer, or is responsible for anti-vaxx sentiment/apathy when in fact he has been bullish on the vax.

I think the basis is automatic thinking.

Blaming vaccine holdouts on Trump is a weak shortcut.

Or does Trump have that much control of Kelly Slater, Taj Burrow(s), and millions of people across the planet?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'm just looking for the basis to your allusion that Trump is an anti-vaxxer, or is responsible for anti-vaxx sentiment/apathy when in fact he has been bullish on the vax.

Or does Trump have that much control of Kelly Slater, Taj Burrow(s), and millions of people across the planet?
Let's take a walk down memory lane:

She said she'd take it if Fauci told her to get it, but she and others - including Trump - politicized at least a year ago. Anthony "The Science" Fauci is a dubious character to much of the population. Then there have been messaging missteps all around - shifting goalposts on what the vaccines actually do, you don't need to where a mask then you do, boosters for some then boosters for everyone, lying about mandates, etc.

Reactions: Kaido

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Let's take a walk down memory lane:

She said she'd take it if Fauci told her to get it, but she and others - including Trump - politicized at least a year ago. Anthony "The Science" Fauci is a dubious character to much of the population. Then there have been messaging missteps all around - shifting goalposts on what the vaccines actually do, you don't need to where a mask then you do, boosters for some then boosters for everyone, lying about mandates, etc.
I can remember when Trump was bullish on the vax Newsom claimed he wouldn't let anyone take a vaccine approved by the Trump admin until a special state of CA panel studied and approved it for safe use.

lol

Reactions: Kaido

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

It's a collision of frames.

I will admit that trump is not the only cause.

As usual. It's multivariate.

But he helped lay the groundwork for a segment of the population to be resistant with his divisiveness.

I would say that trump influenced a large segment of the people who are ending up in the hospital now who didn't get their shots.

KS and TB are just dumb gifted athletes with what I would guess is a strong sense of entitlement.

A sense of entitlement and invulnerably is biasing them and many young people into making the choice to not get the shot.

I think the new feature for them is social media for them to expresses their dumbness to a large population.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
1-) good friends mother: (89 yo)

Both shots done. One month after visiting, exactly a month after his mom's second shot my buddy came down here to catch some waves. He was here for 3 weeks, and a month after returning (so, 2 months and 3 weeks after her second vax) he lost his mother.

Due to covid, according to the public autopsy. Private autopsy revealed severe clotting in her brain.

2-) mother in laws elderly residence roommate: (76 yo)

3 months after 2nd vax, died of cerebral hemorrhage.

Public autopsy: covid
Private autopsy: severe cerebral hemorrhage

3-) sister in laws ex: (48 yo)

1 month after 2nd vax, dead.

Public autopsy: covid
Private autopsy: none carried out. (His parents were too distraught to even think about it)

These above are all first hand, personally known, cases. Surely there's lots and lots of others.

:shrug:

P.S. I "thank" British tourism for covid in Fuerteventura. Before we opened up to them, the case load was strictly nominal for an island of 125,000-150,000. The week after they started coming, our cases spiked severely.

:dancing::crazy2::trout::violin:
I see why you are hesitant after the death of your acquaintances. Fuerteventura is like other parts of Spain, it wants tourism for its economy. I listened to a Spanish night club owner being interviewed on the radio a few months ago. He was from one of the Mediterranean locations and desperate for tourist economy to open up to the British and other Euros as soon as vax take up allowed.

You live in a nice place. I was there mid eighties for a short holiday. I did more surfing than windsurfing. It is good for that too. There were a lot of German windsurfers living semi-permanently there. One told me that he was a computer contractor working 6 months on in Germany and 6 months off living in Fuerteventura where he had bought a house. I was jealous, despite being in that industry I didn't have the skills to pull off that lifestyle.

There were a lot backpacker type Brits trying to sell time-share holiday homes on commission. Like all nice places I would imagine that more construction would have taken place in the subsequent decades. I can't imagine the village you live in is fully self contained and ring fenced from the rest of the island with police enforced roadblocks - only Melbourne Australia does that! I am not trying to change your mind, just pointing out that you are not quite in the COVID safe fortress that you described.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's a collision of frames.

I will admit that trump is not the only cause.

As usual. It's multivariate.

But he helped lay the groundwork for a segment of the population to be resistant with his divisiveness.

I would say that trump influenced a large segment of the people who are ending up in the hospital now who didn't get their shots.

KS and TB are just dumb gifted athletes with what I would guess is a strong sense of entitlement.

A sense of entitlement and invulnerably is biasing them and many young people into making the choice to not get the shot.

I think the new feature for them is social media for them to expresses their dumbness to a large population.
Trump pushed hard on vaccines.

He bullied the FDA into fast approval.

Trump says, "Get the shot."

You're forgetting the fact Trump's base is not in areas of the country that tend to practice health-seeking behaviors. These areas would very likley have low vax rates anyway. They are the unhealthiest areas of the country, and they were the unhealthiest areas of the country before Trump even farted in the direction of the presidency. Then mix in a little social media toughness and microchip talk.

All over the planet people are refusing jabs.

Your blaming Trump for what is a worldwide antivax movement is due to automatic thinking.

It's actually pretty absurd when your consider the other facts at play.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Trump pushed hard on vaccines.

He bullied the FDA into fast approval.

Trump says, "Get the shot."

You're forgetting the fact Trump's base is not in areas of the country that tend to practice health-seeking behaviors. These areas would very likley have low vax rates anyway. They are the unhealthiest areas of the country, and they were the unhealthiest areas of the country before Trump even farted in the direction of the presidency. Then mix in a little social media toughness and microchip talk.

All over the planet people are refusing jabs.

Your blaming Trump for what is a worldwide antivax movement is due to automatic thinking.

It's actually pretty absurd when your consider the other facts at play.
I was blaming trump for the trump people who are not getting the shots and ending up in the ICU.

Maybe I should have been more clear.

That was what I was thinking.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I was blaming trump for the trump people who are not getting the shots and ending up in the ICU.

Maybe I should have been more clear.

That was what I was thinking.
Trump told them to get the vaccine.

They have no one to blame but themselves and their social media buddies who "liked" their sh!t and admired their chestbeating and quote rebelliousness.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
He also touted injecting bleach bleach and treating the virus with hydroxychloroquine.

He also said, the pandemic was going to die out.

Trump says a bunch of contradictory sh!t to assert dominance.

He emboldened the stupid.

When he left office he refused to tell people to vaccinate.

Then when he did recently he back peddles by saying he loves freedom.

Reactions: tacos and afoaf

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
He also touted injecting bleach bleach and treating the virus with hydroxychloroquine.

He also said, the pandemic was going to die out.

Trump says a bunch of contradictory sh!t to assert dominance.

He emboldened the stupid.

When he left office he refused to tell people to vaccinate.

Then when he did recently he back peddles by saying he loves freedom.
You severely underestimate the stupidity of the average person.

Ivermectin his fault too?

Or is it your fault for posting Dr John's videos?

You are letting automatic thinking control your thought process with this.

And your bias too.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

And your bias too.
PRCD said it's my fault for posting those Dr John videos and he's a data expert and end of the world prognosticator.

Yes, lots of automatic thinking.

Also a collision of frames.

Leader of the free world > dr John > me

I stand by position that trump is one of the variables that got us where we are. Not the only one, sure.

Our disagreement lies in how much we thing each
variable is contributing to this sh!t show. Trump may have contributed less than I think. I have no problem conceding that. But I think he is a variable.

Pandemics are tough.

It would be difficult if we did everything right.

Keep in mind

> me

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

And your bias too.
The ivermectin thing is partially our government's fault. Why not study it 12 months ago like they studied dexamethasone instead of waiting until now? It looks like the government is disinterested in a cheap drug:
1631373295768.png

The media is telling everyone it's dangerous horse paste when it is, in fact, under investigation for this illness. The media has also lied that tons of people are poisoning themselves with it. Why do only the vaccine-hesitant assume the blame for not getting vaccinated when they've been lied-to from every angle?

Reactions: need 4 speed

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The ivermectin thing is partially our government's fault. Why not study it 12 months ago like they studied dexamethasone instead of waiting until now? It looks like the government is disinterested in a cheap drug:
View attachment 116148

The media is telling everyone it's dangerous horse paste when it is, in fact, under investigation for this illness. The media has also lied that tons of people are poisoning themselves with it. Why do only the vaccine-hesitant assume the blame for not getting vaccinated when they've been lied-to from every angle?
Complaining about lying? The irony.