*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Reporting by the media continues to be irresponsible and likely harmful by the continued focus on positive cases in vaccinated people while only providing minimal context.

This is likely going to increase vaccine hesitancy.

Reinstituting mask mandates in hopes of protecting unvaccinated people is just stupid.

There is no reason the vaccinated should be punished for the choice of the unvaccinated.

This will likely increase future vaccine hesitancy among some people who have already been vaccinated.

I'm not sure what more they want from us at this point.

Reactions: tacos

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I just had my medicare physical from my Chinese primary care Physican. He said the covid delta strain was 1000 times more contagious than the original virus. That I should wear my mask in and outdoors. The fact that I've been pissing dangerously high levels of protein ever since getting my covid vaccines was out if his league and I should refer those numbers to my newly assigned nephrologist. Who agrees with my oncologist that my new "abnormal" is a direct result of the vaccine.
So what happened with all this?

There seems to be a lot of literature documenting rare cases where a vaccine can trigger a temporary kidney issue and cause proteinuria.

Mount Sinai says flu and pnuemococcal - two vaccines that are very commonly administered in the elderly - are known to cause minimal change disease in rare instances:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Reporting by the media continues to be irresponsible and likely harmful by the continued focus on positive cases in vaccinated people while only providing minimal context.

This is likely going to increase vaccine hesitancy.

Reinstituting mask mandates in hopes of protecting unvaccinated people is just stupid.

There is no reason the vaccinated should be punished for the choice of the unvaccinated.

This will likely increase future vaccine hesitancy among some people who have already been vaccinated.

I'm not sure what more they want from us at this point.
Infection and transmission were never measured in the trials. Read them. Pfizer's Phase III trial ended in DEcemober 2020 or thereabouts. Afterwards, they tried to prove that the vaccine had an effect on infection and transmission using low-quality evidence..
This is another example of lying/shifting goalposts.

Most likely the Delta Variant spreader narrative is being used to market the booster, first in Israel then here. Pfizer hiked their prices. EMA just bought 5 more doses per person for everyone in Europe.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
So what happened with all this?

There seems to be a lot of literature documenting rare cases where a vaccine can trigger a temporary kidney issue and cause proteinuria.

How "rare" something is often depends on how much it's recorded or measured and who is analyzing the data. Data can be ignored or slanted in many different ways. Often there are no mechanisms to capture it.

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
How "rare" something is often depends on how much it's recorded or measured and who is analyzing the data. Data can be ignored or slanted in many different ways. Often there are no mechanisms to capture it.
no sh!t Sherlock.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Welp, my wife called me a little while ago. She cannot taste an Altoid. She's going for a test.

I can taste just fine.
And then...
Oh yeah forgot about that.

So she was gonna get tested but the line was long so she came home. I said she should eat some peanut butter (her fave food) and of she can't enjoy that then get a test first thing in the morning. She could taste the PB, so we left it at that.

Our friend who was with us the night of the all ages show is sick right now. He is fully vaccinated (Moderna) but went for a test and it came back negative.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Makes sense to me if you have a high vaccination rate.

Most vaxxed people like me have been living life as usual for the most part and in areas with high vaccination rates you're going to have high rates of illness among vaccinated people.

The difference lies in how sick the vaccinated person is vs. the unvaccinated person.

Reactions: tacos

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Makes sense to me if you have a high vaccination rate.

Most vaxxed people like me have been living life as usual for the most part and in areas with high vaccination rates you're going to have high rates of illness among vaccinated people.

The difference lies in how sick the vaccinated person is vs. the unvaccinated person.
Part of vaccinated infections are probably behavioral. Other mechanisms could be immune escape of the virus or the antibodies from the vaccines wearing off. Israel said antibodies last 198 days and are talking about a booster which is going over poorly.

Like you said, the real problem is how sick the person is to begin with. Where's our national fat loss campaign?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Not sure what's what stateside, but out here in EU they trying (unsuccessfully) to keep people who chose not to vax from entering establishments.

Apparently, it's medical discrimination.

Go figure.

:shrug:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Part of vaccinated infections are probably behavioral. Other mechanisms could be immune escape of the virus or the antibodies from the vaccines wearing off. Israel said antibodies last 198 days and are talking about a booster which is going over poorly.

Like you said, the real problem is how sick the person is to begin with. Where's our national fat loss campaign?
I would rather build muscle and, then, try to loose fat.

It's way easier.

So I think we should do a muscle building campaign.

I don't agree with people who say that you can't out train a bad diet.

You might have to get lean (diet and training) first but then if you train like a nut job you can pretty much eat what you want.

Also, the Deep State should be providing vitamin D and K2 supplements.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not sure what's what stateside, but out here in EU they trying (unsuccessfully) to keep people who chose not to vax from entering establishments.

Apparently, it's medical discrimination.

Go figure.

:shrug:
Discrimination isn't a bad thing.

It's the why that makes it so.

So you don't spread a contagious virus?

Sounds reasonable to me!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Discrimination isn't a bad thing.

It's the why that makes it so.

So you don't spread a contagious virus?

Sounds reasonable to me!
Here's the LAWGIC TRAP: the vaccine doesn't STAWP the SPREAD. At least, there's no high-quality evidence that it does such as RCTs, and they failed to measure this in the blinded trials. But if they're going to rely on lower-quality evidence that the vaccines STAWP the SPREAD, we can just as easily say that ivermectin as prophylaxis beats the vaccines.

LAWGIC TRAPS abound in Official Messaging.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Here's the LAWGIC TRAP: the vaccine doesn't STAWP the SPREAD. At least, there's no high-quality evidence that it does such as RCTs, and they failed to measure this in the blinded trials. But if they're going to rely on lower-quality evidence that the vaccines STAWP the SPREAD, we can just as easily say that ivermectin as prophylaxis beats the vaccines.

LAWGIC TRAPS abound in Official Messaging.
But aren't we doing this all for the people who don't get that vaccines?

We are saving them from themselves?

I say live and let die.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta