*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Does anyone really go by the data?

Doesn't the feeling come first and you seek out data that supports what you want to believe?
You're talking about Aristotle's categories: logos, pathos, ethos? Yeah, I think it is based off of pathos and mostly ethos, namely that powerful men with high cultural capital have decided what they want and how they're going to get us with their program. Minding Richard Feynman's famous saying that the most important thing is not to fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool, I like looking at data. Dr. John Campbell likes to look at data also, but that moves the questions further back to "Which data are gathered, which ignored, and why?" Also, how did guys like me find him? You posted him, I watched, he seems credible to me because he approaches analysis the same way and provides references. His drawback, in my opinion, is that he comes from a bygone era where people trusted public officials. The FDA of today is not what it was 30 years ago. How did you find Dr. John Campbell. Did YouTube send him to you? Why did you think he was credible?

Then there's the research showing that you can look at facts all day but you can't make a decision without the part of your brain responsible for intuition or gut feeling.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You're talking about Aristotle's categories: logos, pathos, ethos? Yeah, I think it is based off of pathos and mostly ethos, namely that powerful men with high cultural capital have decided what they want and how they're going to get us with their program. Minding Richard Feynman's famous saying that the most important thing is not to fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool, I like looking at data. Dr. John Campbell likes to look at data also, but that moves the questions further back to "Which data are gathered, which ignored, and why?" Also, how did guys like me find him? You posted him, I watched, he seems credible to me because he approaches analysis the same way and provides references. His drawback, in my opinion, is that he comes from a bygone era where people trusted public officials. The FDA of today is not what it was 30 years ago. How did you find Dr. John Campbell. Did YouTube send him to you? Why did you think he was credible?

Then there's the research showing that you can look at facts all day but you can't make a decision without the part of your brain responsible for intuition or gut feeling.
Alan Aragon reccomended him.

I read that book about the effect of emotion on judgment.

But I forget everything I learned.

Something to the effect that completely eliminating emotion actually compromises your decision making.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Alan Aragon reccomended him.

The process Alan describes here is almost completely gone from science. The scientific community also seems less and less interested in honesty and more interested in steamrolling with consensus.
Maybe it has always been this way. I think Pasteur was persecuted pretty heavily by the scientific establishment in his day. As they say, science progresses one death at a time: the old men who are wedded to disproven ideas because of their egos simply have to die.

I read that book about the effect of emotion on judgment.

But I forget everything I learned.

Something to the effect that completely eliminating emotion actually compromises your decision making.
I think they studied people that had damage in that part of the brain and found that they couldn't make decisions at all.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
just like Gerson and a thousand other quacks before...

labelling something "banned" is just another monetization ploy

in this case, it prays on the fear and ignorance of an audience in search of hope

sad
I don't know about that, afoafum....

Lots of banning going on these days too.....some big channels that were talking about this stuff....

The first step in the banning / cancelling process is/was de-monitization...

Youtube is the champ in this arena...

So nope....not a monetization ploy....in the current sense....

So....about that Gerson fella...

"General Information
The Gerson therapy is a complex regimen advocated by its supporters to treat cancer and other degenerative diseases. It consists of a specialized diet to “detoxify” the body and rebuild the immune system, adding vitamin and mineral supplements to help in these processes. Coffee enemas are an essential part of the regimen. The therapy is named for its developer, Max Gerson, a German physician who emigrated to the United States and started a medical practice in New York City in 1938.[1,2]
The Gerson therapy is rooted in the belief that cancer is a disease of the whole organism, the tumor being only a symptom of a diseased body. Gerson considered cancer to be an accumulation of several damaging factors that combine to cause the deterioration of the entire metabolic system. The goal of the Gerson therapy is to bring the body back to its normal metabolic state, or as near to this state as possible, and to keep the metabolism in natural equilibrium.[1,2]
Gerson observed that cancer patients exhibited markedly degenerated organs, especially the liver, presumably caused by the clearing of toxic materials of an unknown type that the disease produced. He also noted that the situation became worse after chemotherapy, probably because of more toxic products entering the bloodstream. Gerson’s regimen focused on helping the liver rid the body of toxic substances while restoring and maintaining healthy liver function.[1,2]
According to Gerson, during the detoxification process that results from the Gerson diet, the liver becomes progressively overburdened as the body rids itself of toxic substances formed by the breakdown of cancer cells. Coffee enemas, pancreatic enzymes, and crude liver extract are used to help the liver deal with the burden of removing toxic substances.[1-5]
Total control of everything that enters and leaves the body is the governing principle of the Gerson regimen. Its three main components are strict diet, nutritional supplements, and regular enemas."

The above from...

His approach seems pretty basic to me.....

I know someone who had really poor health about 15 years ago...

Sick all the time....joint issues too....

He went full Gerson....and is now one of the healthiest people I know....never gets sick.

Seems rather intuitive that if you improve your diet and de-tox.....it leads to a healthier body....no?

He did not go full germaphobe to accomplish this.

Que Auto re the coffee enemas part...

:beer:

Oops....wrong orifice...

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
From that Stanford paper re the ineffective mask wearing for protection from SARs-CoV-2 virus....

Less masking....equals healthier ninja's and bank robbers....

Immune system degradation much?

The cure seems worse than the disease....hmmmm?

That's suspicious....don't ya think?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Does anyone really go by the data?

Doesn't the feeling come first and you seek out data that supports what you want to believe?
Making decisions based on the data has been a part of my day job for 41 years now....every day.

Learned a ton from this guy many years ago....

Gut feel and intuition helps too....don't get me wrong....but in the end....

:cheers:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
From that Stanford paper re the ineffective mask wearing for protection from SARs-CoV-2 virus....

Less masking....equals healthier ninja's and bank robbers....

Immune system degradation much?

The cure seems worse than the disease....hmmmm?

That's suspicious....don't ya think?
Why ignore my question?

Are they saying mask wearing is ineffective for the same reason as you?

Germ theory is BS?

Can you not see the contradiction in your thinking?

I can.

I don't like wearing a mask either so this is welcome news to me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bohter
Apr 5, 2004
I don't know about that, afoafum....

Lots of banning going on these days too.....some big channels that were talking about this stuff....

The first step in the banning / cancelling process is/was de-monitization...

Youtube is the champ in this arena...

So nope....not a monetization ploy....in the current sense....

So....about that Gerson fella...

"General Information
The Gerson therapy is a complex regimen advocated by its supporters to treat cancer and other degenerative diseases. It consists of a specialized diet to “detoxify” the body and rebuild the immune system, adding vitamin and mineral supplements to help in these processes. Coffee enemas are an essential part of the regimen. The therapy is named for its developer, Max Gerson, a German physician who emigrated to the United States and started a medical practice in New York City in 1938.[1,2]
The Gerson therapy is rooted in the belief that cancer is a disease of the whole organism, the tumor being only a symptom of a diseased body. Gerson considered cancer to be an accumulation of several damaging factors that combine to cause the deterioration of the entire metabolic system. The goal of the Gerson therapy is to bring the body back to its normal metabolic state, or as near to this state as possible, and to keep the metabolism in natural equilibrium.[1,2]
Gerson observed that cancer patients exhibited markedly degenerated organs, especially the liver, presumably caused by the clearing of toxic materials of an unknown type that the disease produced. He also noted that the situation became worse after chemotherapy, probably because of more toxic products entering the bloodstream. Gerson’s regimen focused on helping the liver rid the body of toxic substances while restoring and maintaining healthy liver function.[1,2]
According to Gerson, during the detoxification process that results from the Gerson diet, the liver becomes progressively overburdened as the body rids itself of toxic substances formed by the breakdown of cancer cells. Coffee enemas, pancreatic enzymes, and crude liver extract are used to help the liver deal with the burden of removing toxic substances.[1-5]
Total control of everything that enters and leaves the body is the governing principle of the Gerson regimen. Its three main components are strict diet, nutritional supplements, and regular enemas."

The above from...

His approach seems pretty basic to me.....

I know someone who had really poor health about 15 years ago...

Sick all the time....joint issues too....

He went full Gerson....and is now one of the healthiest people I know....never gets sick.

Seems rather intuitive that if you improve your diet and de-tox.....it leads to a healthier body....no?

He did not go full germaphobe to accomplish this.

Que Auto re the coffee enemas part...

:beer:

Oops....wrong orifice...
What are these "toxins" that build up in our bodies?

Have they been isolated and identified?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Why ignore my question?

Are they saying mask wearing is ineffective for the same reason as you?

Germ theory is BS?

Can you not see the contradiction in your thinking?

I can.

I don't like wearing a mask either so this is welcome news to me.
Bring me an isolated particle of the Ebola virus....and we'll talk.

And no....they're not saying germ theory is BS.

But the mask non-efficacy conclusions totally supports the fact that airborne virus particles are not the root cause.....supports the argument that "it's not the germ....it's the terrain.

Toxic substances....other threats to cellular health.....

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
What are these "toxins" that build up in our bodies?

Have they been isolated and identified?
Anything that is a detriment to cellular health.

Notice I did not say Immune System.....because it's really cellular health.

We don't really have a part of our bodies that can be labeled "Immune system", right.

Anyway....what toxins?

Can you think of anything?

Start here....and many other sites....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Bring me an isolated particle of the Ebola virus....and we'll talk.

And no....they're not saying germ theory is BS.

But the mask non-efficacy conclusions totally supports the fact that airborne virus particles are not the root cause.....supports the argument that "it's not the germ....it's the terrain.

Toxic substances....other threats to cellular health.....
So you agree with conspirators when their conclusions support what you want to believe?

Ok

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
er....ah.....about those masks.....

Two years ago Germaphobia was considered a mental condition....

And now we know.....the whole world has gone crazy....

Posting up garbage fake studies again? What else is new in clownworld? Just another Plandemic scam to dupe others and gently round up some more money from rubes. Ever bohter to read actual peer reviewed science?

Stanford disavows legitimacy

Debunked at PolitiFact

Chronicle via SFGate.com

"Stanford Medicine strongly supports the use of face masks to control the spread of COVID-19," Stanford Medicine tweeted Wednesday. "A study on the efficacy of face masks against COVID-19 published in the November 2020 issue of the journal Medical Hypotheses is not a 'Stanford study.' The author's affiliation is inaccurately attributed to Stanford, and we have requested a correction. The author, Baruch Vainshelboim, had no affiliation with the VA Palo Alto Health System or Stanford at the time of publication and has not had any affiliation since 2016, when his one-year term as a visiting scholar on matters unrelated to this paper ended."

"The article gained widespread attention after Diamond and Silk, two pro-Donald Trump activists who have more than 2.38 million followers on Facebook, posted on April 12: "NO MORE MASK MANDATES! Follow the science," linking to the article as scientific evidence. Facebook has since removed the post.
Medical Hypotheses admittedly says its purpose "is to publish interesting theoretical papers. The journal will consider radical, speculative and non-mainstream scientific ideas provided they are coherently expressed." Articles that appear in Medical Hypotheses are not peer reviewed."