*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore

[QUOTE="Autoprax, post: 3235326, member: 32708"]
Can you give counter examples of when it's not?

Who believes in god but doesn't want to?
[/QUOTE]

Every real believer.

The Bible states that people are spiritually dead. Faith is a gift from God, not a choice. Go look up the doctrine of "total depravity." The idea that people "desire" God is not Christian. The Bible doesn't teach that.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

[QUOTE="Autoprax, post: 3235326, member: 32708"]
Can you give counter examples of when it's not?

Who believes in god but doesn't want to?
[/QUOTE]

Every real believer.

The Bible states that people are spiritually dead. Faith is a gift from God, not a choice. Go look up the doctrine of "total depravity." The idea that people "desire" God is not Christian. The Bible doesn't teach that.
Psalm 42
"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. ... my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon--from Mount Mizar."

You would be mistaken to say that people don't naturally crave God. Sadly , most crave their personal desires more.

Reactions: Jonahbrah

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Lets get this thing back on some kind of track.....with a bit of satire regarding the death counts.....

This....

Vs. this....

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
This thread took an interesting turn. So is this corona virus a gift or punishment from god?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
This thread took an interesting turn. So is this corona virus a gift or punishment from god?
Well, since MANY Christians said AIDS was God's punishment for the Gays, Covid is definitely punishment for voting for tRump.

Funny thing that Bible. It directly says how to select elders and overseers. Christians ignored God, so we all get spanked.

Thanks guys, could you do us all a favor, and convert to Buhdism, and take Pence with you?

Reactions: Random Guy

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
This guy has an interesting take on the coming food shortage....and contrasts it with similar historic events....

And this gal puts the whole thing in perspective....

Sure....these are "alternative to the main stream" views....but as I always say....just like being on a jury....ya need to examine all the evidence and consider both sides...

And....this one is specifically for Everysurfer....and everyone else who thinks I should not be posting alternative views here....some thoughts on the subject.....

Last edited:

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Sure....these are "alternative to the main stream" views....but as I always say....just like being on a jury....ya need to examine all the evidence and consider both sides...
Thank-you for bringing us your version of reality. You've done your job most excellently. Go take some time to yourself and pat yourself on the back for saving us all from our reality

Reactions: Aruka

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Careful not to be insulting. If you caught the new sticky from groundswell, we're all supposed to be nice don't catch a ban! Lord knows how many of us have been run off for good by being banned.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The Bible states that people are spiritually dead. Faith is a gift from God, not a choice. Go look up the doctrine of "total depravity." The idea that people "desire" God is not Christian. The Bible doesn't teach that.[/ICODE]
I'm not saying the Bible teaches that.

I"m saying people want to believe because they are afraid of self dissolution.

Ever heard of Pascal's wager?

They are making a bet out of fear of being wrong.

I've had guys say, What if you are wrong?

My response is, "Are you so unsure of your ability to think using reason that you are going to bet on magical thinking?"

The answer is yes.

Why? fear of self dissolution.

It's not the soul we afraid of dying.

It's the self.

When you die, the self goes bye bye. :devilish:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Careful not to be insulting. If you caught the new sticky from groundswell, we're all supposed to be nice don't catch a ban! Lord knows how many of us have been run off for good by being banned.
If you let being banned run you off, I say, "good riddance."

I love that saying. It sounds jew-y to me. One vey! :roflmao:

Reactions: stringcheese

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Thank-you for bringing us your version of reality. You've done your job most excellently. Go take some time to yourself and pat yourself on the back for saving us all from our reality
This guy has an interesting take on the coming food shortage....and contrasts it with similar historic events....

And this gal puts the whole thing in perspective....

And....this one is specifically for Everysurfer....and everyone else who thinks I should not be posting alternative views here....some thoughts on the subject.....
You refuse to acknowledge that the other poster''s issue with you quantitative, rather than qualitative.

A little crazy is fun. But in your case its a feature and not a bug.

I can only respond by saying,

Poor little Bohter.

Just wants people to look at that evidence.:cry:

Reactions: Jonahbrah

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just to let you all know how this works, I had a big time exposure at work yesterday (as in I'm very likely positive), along with multiple other employees.

We have been told to return to work tomorrow unless we show symptoms but that otherwise we should be self isolating at home.

Keep in mind I work in an ICU with organ transplant, cardiac, and general medical patients.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Havoc and rts265

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
I'm not saying the Bible teaches that.

I"m saying people want to believe because they are afraid of self dissolution.

Ever heard of Pascal's wager?

They are making a bet out of fear of being wrong.

I've had guys say, What if you are wrong?

My response is, "Are you so unsure of your ability to think using reason that you are going to bet on magical thinking?"

The answer is yes.

Why? fear of self dissolution.

It's not the soul we afraid of dying.

It's the self.

When you die, the self goes bye bye. :devilish:
People will be judged. The law came so the Lord could judge the world. The self is eternal. It either integrates with Christ...or is helplessly subjected to a flame that requires no fuel outside of the fury of Almighty God forever and ever and ever.

The decisions you make now carry the weight of eternity in them. From our perspective we have power to direct our destiny, but God makes the final choice. There is only one truly free will.

I am sorry that your "faith" is in time. My "faith" is in the God of the Bible. I look at seasons, language, physics, ecosystems, etc. and I see intended purpose that can only come forth from an intelligent mind. You see products of "time."

"Time" is the atheists God. It resolves the mystery for them.

Where did trees come from?
"TIME"

Where did language evolve from in humans?
"TIME

Why do we have weather cycles?
"TIME"

TIME pretty much is abracadabra!

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Driftcoast

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
People will be judged. The law came so the Lord could judge the world. The self is eternal. It either integrates with Christ...or is helplessly subjected to a flame that requires no fuel outside of the fury of Almighty God forever and ever and ever.

The decisions you make now carry the weight of eternity in them. From our perspective we have power to direct our destiny, but God makes the final choice. There is only one truly free will.
eek

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

I am sorry that your "faith" is in time. My "faith" is in the God of the Bible. I look at seasons, natural laws, language, physic, etc. and I see intended purpose that can only come forth from an intelligent mind. You see products of "time."

"TIME"

"TIME

"TIME"

That's because "time" is integral to the human experience, and acting like it is not, or can possibly not be, is ridiculous.
"Eternal life" is a ludicrous concept.
Everything you've ever felt, you only felt because your experience is rooted in existing temporarily.
Love is beautiful in no small part because it is only so briefly.

Reactions: Driftcoast

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I am sorry that your "faith" is in time. My "faith" is in the God of the Bible. I look at seasons, language, physics, ecosystems, etc. and I see intended purpose that can only come forth from an intelligent mind. You see products of "time."

"TIME"

"TIME

"TIME"

TIME pretty much is abracadabra!
Why all the straw men?

My god is pussy.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Nailed it. Autorprax = great life coach, gone off the rails in a charmingly dark way