*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
and pretty much every singe Christian i ever knew was up to his eyeballs in the pursuit of material possessions, over just about everything else.... just like the rest of us poor sinners. so there's that.
You think most people are constantly up to their eyeballs in pursuit of material possessions?

I don't.

I'm sure some Christians are and some aren't.

You seem to be forgetting the fact Christians are sinners, "just like the rest of us poor sinners."

I'm sensing bitterness.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I try to follow the golden rule....keep it simple.

Health Pass trial for Ireland....
A glimpse into our future?

"Hey....I feel great and haven't been sick in years....but I got a positive test result and now can't go into the market until I test negative....my health pass says I'm not well..."

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I try to follow the golden rule....keep it simple.

Health Pass trial for Ireland....
A glimpse into our future?

"Hey....I feel great and haven't been sick in years....but I got a positive test result and now can't go into the market until I test negative....my health pass says I'm not well..."
If you and yours would stop this, and act like sensible people, wear a mask, and stop trying to convince everybody to be defiant, this would be over already.

Your hobby is all fun and games until it keeps a pandemic going by pretending it isn't there

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When your Jonah brahs, going outsides, the usual cast of characters start talking about Christianity, I feel like a parent listening to his child talk about Santa Claus.

"Okay, great, honey. Now go outside and play."

Did you see what I did there?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
When your Jonah brahs, going outsides, the usual cast of characters start talking about Christianity, I feel like a parent listening to his child talk about Santa Claus.

"Okay, great, honey. Now go outside and play."

Did you see what I did there?
I see what u did.

U think you're better than them

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I see what u did.

U think you're better than them
In some domains, certainly.

It's not even close.

In others, definitely not.

I score really high in openness and that is a good trait for innovation but I need to really use my will to maintain some semblance of order.

The team Jesus guys for sure got me beat on orderliness.

Their bias to internalize that structure is a tell.

Last edited:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
If you and yours would stop this, and act like sensible people, wear a mask, and stop trying to convince everybody to be defiant, this would be over already.

Your hobby is all fun and games until it keeps a pandemic going by pretending it isn't there
Not pretending......there's zero scientific proof that a virus is an external pathogen and a cause of contagion.....

You believe a positive PCR test result in an asymptomatic healthy person means that person is a risk to society...right?
Hint....if the answer to that question is yes....you are misinformed.....

Maybe someday when all your usual freedoms are now controlled by someone else your'll begin to see the big picture...

But first....try follow this....examination of actual medical science papers....
You can follow basic logic....right?

• Dislike
Reactions: Driftcoast

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Not pretending......there's zero scientific proof that a virus is an external pathogen and a cause of contagion.....

You believe a positive PCR test result in an asymptomatic healthy person means that person is a risk to society...right?
Hint....if the answer to that question is yes....you are misinformed.....

Maybe someday when all your usual freedoms are now controlled by someone else your'll begin to see the big picture...

But first....try follow this....examination of actual medical science papers....
You can follow basic logic....right?
Dude that is such total bullshit. Sorry to be blunt. You said that there is zero evidence?

Exactly how many hours have you spent looking through a microscope at the CDC?

Where did you get your medical degree?

Just because you can't understand something, doesn't make it not true.

If you want to believe what you do, then go right ahead.

The flat earth stuff, while bat-shít crazy, isnt hurting anyone.

This Covid stuff that you spread is actually killing people. You do have blood on your hands.

Last edited:

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
So a christian being saved is predetermined by god?
or is the gift from based on works?

i thought Christians believed you’re supposed treat others as Jesus would, or at least strive for that, recognizing where you fucked up, asking god for forgiveness, and then continuing to try to treat others as Jesus would

Shouldn't Christians follow New Testament and leave out the Old?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Ghandi This sums my thoughts on American Christians.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
no, Christians follow both
but I think most Christians choose the pieces they want to focus on anyway
personally im a bigger fan of the New Testament
All of the Christians on media at least act directly the opposite of Jesus's teachings.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
no, Christians follow both
but I think most Christians choose the pieces they want to focus on anyway
personally im a bigger fan of the New Testament
Motivated reasoning influences how you judge evidence and character.

The main driver of motivated reasoning is to avoid cognitive dissonance.

The backfire effect causes them to double down on dumb.